House Clearances - How does it work

I've got a property with a sale completing at the end of Jan. Its fully furnished, and has been let to professionals. The furnishings are in generally good condition, and I wondered if anyone had got any experience with employing a house clearance business to simply clear the whole house of its contents.

The furnishings do have value, I'm just not really interested in selling them separately as it is a huge inconvenience, I'm not in the area and can't really provide viewings. I have pictures so can possibly try and sell them on ebay, but just want the simplest and most convenient solution.

Do house clearances provide a price for the furniture they remove or do I have to pay them to clear the house?

If anyone can either provide some info, or advice on the process it would be much appreciated! I don't have much time so someone with availability to help out sooner rather than later would be better for me.

Thanks guys!!

call Jamie or sam 07946096382 / 07920425495 they can help

You generally have to pay them. You may find someone willing to offer you something but they have to pay wages, transport and disposal fees so I wouldn't expect very much.

If the furniture is decent enough a know someone who may clear the house for free as in take the good as payment for moving it all.

As the above post says once petrol, tax, insurance and wages are paid this person is still taking the inconvenience of try to sell to get his fees back let alone a profit plus he will have disposal cost for the things with no value.

If you require a number feel free to pm me

thanks Paul

We use Ecclesfield House Clearancew 2403853 or 07710921335 they take everything and last time we used they actually paid for some stuff although it wasnt a lot but took the rubbish as well

In my experience it depends on the quality/desirability of the contents as to whether you pay them, they do it for nothing and call it quits or they pay you. If there's nothing there of great note, but it's all perfectly tidy and re-saleable, I would expect them to clear the place for nothing. If there are any real valuable pieces in there I'd get them valued/sell them separately.

Patnick's Junkerama?

I thought they went out with the Ark?

Thanks for all the replies. I'm just going through numbers and quotes and will get back to all replies as soon as possible. The house is tenanted until 28th January so this is hopefully the day I would like to arrange the clearance.

Thanks again all, if anyone that has replied is not available on that day please let me know.