Parents of starving kids get 7 years

Originally posted by tattoo

I read it in the star last night.This man & woman fed themselves , they even fed the sodding gioldfish but not their own children.They knew what they were doing, no excuses for them.What i dont understand is this:any child under the age of 5 is supposed to be seen by the health worker,especially under the age of 1 for their jabs, haering tests. weight etc,etc,.I cant understand why the health visitor didnt pick up on this one.Also anybody going into the house & seeing these poor kids should have known something was very wrong.The babysitter could have spoken out.And it took a child of 8 to convince her mum to get an ambulance cause she thought her little brother had died?.And it turns out that this woman happened to be pregnant again and has an abortion while in prison on remand.Doe she think (dont matter if one dies i can soon have another?) it makes you wonder doesnt it?

This one is beyond belief to me, i cant get my head round it.And i cant think of a punishment bad enough for these rotten ,evil, low life B******S.

It isn't compulsory that a child see a health worker under the age of 5. My daughter hasn't seen one to be wieghed etc. So I woiuldn't say that the health workers are at fault. I do wonder if the children attended school though as it is compulsory to report concerns there.

Originally posted by bonny

I don't think they will be allowed to procreate. As far as I am aware the law will require them to be sterilised.

Unfortunately not true. There's nothing to stop them being released and starting again (except any babies would now be taken into care by the authorities) This pair should forfeit the right to have more children.

You wonder what sort of families these people come from. They had their first kiddie when they were both 15 and they've hardly missed a year since.

Apparently their previous house was left with s*** streaked walls and floors and urine all over the kitchen. prresumably this must be a common occurence as the Council clearly did not investigate how the house came to be left in such a state.

I agree they should be both sterilised

And i expect they are gonna be very popular in the nick

I am noy saying the health visitor was at fault, all babies need their jabs ,plus the usual assesments that health visitors are supposed to do (the hearing test at nine month, booster jabs at 10 months).How did they manage to avoid this?

I found the whole thing deeply disturbing,cant begin to imagine what those poor kids went through.I am jusy hoping & praying that these kids are young enough to be able to get through it all without too much physical & emotional damage.

All children are precious and deserve to be loved, kept warm, fed and be protected by their parents, not treated like dirt.Its just so disturbing that any human being can do this to thier own children,while taking care of a goldfish.Can anybody out there make sense of that one cause i sure as hell cant.

Originally posted by tattoo

I am noy saying the health visitor was at fault, all babies need their jabs ,plus the usual assesments that health visitors are supposed to do (the hearing test at nine month, booster jabs at 10 months).How did they manage to avoid this?

I agree with what you are saying and certainly not digging at you. Not all children are vaccinated though. Some parents disagree with vaccinations. Like I said My daughter has never seen a health visitor she is now 3. I have never felt the need for my daughter to visit one. It is very easy to avoid it, you just don't make an appointment to see them.

Sorry i couldnt get back to you sooner Bonny. The reason i cant understand about the health visitor is this ;

Where i live doctor, parents & health visitor are all closley linked.If a parent doesnt take their baby for jabs, tests, check ups etc, the health visitor will call to see if there are any problems.A card is sent out just befoe the due date to remind people of check up dates , jabs and so on.Also up to a year old all babies are weighed priodically to check thier progress. Your baby even recieves a first Birthday Card from the doctors practice. With this close knit working of parents, doctor, and health visitor being the norm for us ,you can see why i was alarmed that it wasnt picked up on sooner.