Parents of starving kids get 7 years

Remember the headlines earlier this year

Where 5 children were found starving to death, but the parents had all mod cons ?

Well its just been on the news that the parents have been sentenced to 7 years, not long enough in my opinion.

What do you think ?

7 years. Add another 15 or 20 and I'll be happy

should get life. Never saa daylight again. Having brand new dvd player and tv while ignoring their children....

it is a shame in this case that we don't have a death penalty...

They have starved and tortured their own kids i dont think they should get life i thing they to should be tortured to a slow starving death!

Sorry to sound harsh but it is wrong what they have done

I seem to remember at the time, certain board members were critical of people critising them - well I note they are quiet now.

7 years is 7 years too short for the SCUM

It should be 7 years for each child and then another 7 for good luck!, ohh..no, i don't want them to have any good luck so they can have another 7 years to make up for the good luck i gave them earlier!.

B*$****$. Sorry!

I agree with Vidster,7 years for each child +7 years,theres no excuse for this,i hope these children will be able to put ,what has happened to them,behind them and i pray they never want any contact with these evil people again,God bless you kids.

same here but i hope that when they have kids of there pwn they treat them well not reflect what has happened to them onto their own children!

I think the parents should also be sterilised so they can't ever

have children again !

And social diservices should hang their heads in shame

Just hope the kids are now ok

Originally posted by geno

same here but i hope that when they have kids of there pwn they treat them well not reflect what has happened to them onto their own children!

Why would you think these kids are likely to treat their own kids in the same way? Don't you think they might realise how bad it felt, and be determined not to let anything bad happen to their own kids when they have their own?

Social Services never knew about this so why should they hang their heads in shame?

Makes me wonder what goes on behind some front doors.

Originally posted by Patchy

Why would you think these kids are likely to treat their own kids in the same way? Don't you think they might realise how bad it felt, and be determined not to let anything bad happen to their own kids when they have their own?

Because Abusers are generally much more likely to have been abused themselves.

Does this excuse the behaviour of people who put thier kids through this kind of hell? No of course not. But I think it does provide an insight into why some abusers do 'it'.

Mat