Sign in to follow this  

Ken Bates/Telegraph

In this weekend's Sheffield Telegraph the highly likeable Ken Bates closes his article with the words: "And they're laughing their heads off across the city" (regarding Sheffield Wednesday's current situation).

For once I agree with Mr Bates but us Blades are also realistic enough to acknowledge that 'what goes around comes around'. United have their own history of financial problems but one thing we do have in our favour is that the likes of Mr Ken Bates never came shopping Bramall Lane way.

And yes, the adjective 'likeable' used in the opening paragraph was indeed, tongue-in-cheek.

No, the ever likeable Mr Bates didn't come the blades way but we did have a succession of chairmen and directors who made the mistake of getting themselves sent to prison.

(I know i'm going to regret this)

Beleive it or not, i hope they get their finances sorted. Sheffield is too big to have just one football team and of course, there's all the banter that goes with it.

As long as they do not pass us on the way up, i am perfectly happy to have Sheffield Wendy around.

Originally posted by vidster

(I know i'm going to regret this)

Beleive it or not, i hope they get their finances sorted. Sheffield is too big to have just one football team and of course, there's all the banter that goes with it.

As long as they do not pass us on the way up, i am perfectly happy to have Sheffield Wendy around.

i knew you loved us really lol:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

I knew i was going to regret this:shakes:

ME love the oinks! don't make me :gag:

Originally posted by vidster

I knew i was going to regret this:shakes:

ME love the oinks! don't make me :gag:

ha ha:help: :help: :help:

i still reckon captain birdseye aka ken bates will talk over at hilsbrough eventually i cant really tell you about the current chairmain down there on the grounds he might sue me or ban me from s6

aint he a little hitler lol

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

The bank wants it's money back. Allen wants his money back as do the other directors. Conclusion: Bates has no chance and the club will not go into administration.

Prospects are that it will take 15 years to pay off the debts and hence that long before they could return to the Premiership.

Originally posted by Ned Ludd

The bank wants it's money back. Allen wants his money back as do the other directors. Conclusion: Bates has no chance and the club will not go into administration.

Prospects are that it will take 15 years to pay off the debts and hence that long before they could return to the Premiership.

i really hope that it wont take that long to get back into the premiership:( but with dave allen in charge i can see it been a lot longer and that is depressing:( :(