Dog is poorly sick, advice please

Our poor little poppy is a wee bit porrly at the mo. We woke up saturday to find a (very watery and spread out) present on the kitchen floor. We had another 4 of these that morning, but then OK, so we gave her some rice for tea and covered the kitchen floor.

We woke up to another present today but she still seemed bright in herself, not dehydrated and bouncing about, so we gave her some dry (cooked) pasta, which she later vomitted back up and took her out the house for the day. She's had a great walk, chasing balls, sticks, my pony and was really perky (and managed a 'real' toilet stop) so we bought some cooked chicken and gave her some rice and that. She's picked out the chicken but left the rice and is just lying pathetically in her basket.

OH keeps telling me there is no point taking her to vets as long as she's drinking as theres nothing they can do, but any advice on whats best to give her.

Thanks

she is probably just feeling off, she has eaten and drank so i wouldn't worry to much. See how she is tom, if you are still worried take her to the vets.

OH keeps telling me there is no point taking her to vets as long as she's drinking as theres nothing they can do, but any advice on whats best to give her.

Thanks

I would still be tempted to take her to the vet. Even if your OH is correct it's worth the consultation fee just for peace of mind IMO.

Thanks both of you. She's managed a clean night and was really perky this mornig when we got up. Risked some dry complete about 1/2 hour ago she only ate a tiny bit but so far OK so we are hoping she's on the mend.

If she's OK in herself today then I'd see how it goes before taking her to the vets, but it's worth the consultation fee if they're young, old, otherwise ill not themselves.

I didn't take Molly to the vets with her bad tummy because she's a GSD (which have a very delicate stomach) and she's fine in herself running after her ball and playing with the kittens. I also knew that I'd fed her something that she hadn't had before so I knew the probable cause (bad medusa!).

I hope that Poppy feels better and is happier soon.

Actually medusa, we are wondering whether it might be something we gave her, that or the rawhide bone she re-discovered after several weeks and then wouldn't give us back-which makes me feel quite ill just thinking about it.

She's still doing the pathetic dog act round the house, but mention the 'w' word and shes out the front door strecthing your arm before you can blink, so maybe its just the sympathy vote she's after?!

BTW, she's 2 1/2, usually well and no known probs so apart from the obvious no major worries

Either way, I feel a lot more comfortable about it, as I was starting to have a 'new-mum-first-dog' panic last night.

Ooooh yes, I know that panic. Strange how I can be hand rearing tiny wee kittens and know that they're well, but worry about a strapping great dog!