Violence on TV

Lickszz

Are you happy with the amount of violence on TV?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the amount of violence on TV?

• There should be more violence on TV
    • There should be less violence on TV
    • Don't Know

My opinion on this is that as long as it's late enough things should be left uncut. I think that too many cuts ruin a good film/programme. I am tired of the likes of 'may I take your hat sir'.

I have decided to create a poll.

Originally posted by Jon

We have a 9pm watershed so any violence on TV after that is okay

You're saying that everything pre-9pm is safe for kiddies to watch :?:!:

On a similar note, I think those people who subscribe to SKY should be allowed to watch Big Bro on E4 without cutting the sound, no matter what time of day and especially after 9pm!

On the violence thing I agree with Lickszz... cutting films gore scenes even after 9pm is stupid!

I just read that Driller Killer was released in 1999 after being banned for 20yrs only on the condition that a scene showing the ddrill entering the skull was cut!

So glad I own the Region 1 (USA) version of the film!

I find all this pro-violence talk disturbing. Don't you all think even pre-watershed viewing is getting more violent / cynical?

Even some of the newer Simpsons episodes are over stretching the mark. And how does all this onscreen violence manifest itself in the minds of young children...:o

DA DaBouncer

On a similar note, I think those people who subscribe to SKY should be allowed to watch Big Bro on E4 without cutting the sound, no matter what time of day and especially after 9pm!

Can't be helped, it is to do with the fact that C4 or the housemates may get sued for slandering and other such things.

Originally posted by Abby

I find all this pro-violence talk disturbing. Don't you all think even pre-watershed viewing is getting more violent / cynical?

Even some of the newer Simpsons episodes are over stretching the mark. And how does all this onscreen violence manifest itself in the minds of young children...:o

Abby I agree with you. Luckily my kids watch very little TV because we as parents hardly have the telly on. They have the choice to watch or not and thankfully most times they choose to do other things.

Programmes like Emmerdale that used to be so innocent, now contain material/issues that I don't want my youngsters to have to confront yet.

• 1 year later...

Has modern television gone too far this time. Eastender is getting more and more violent in a bid to chase the ratings- Where will it end and is TV a refection of society or society a reflection of TV. I discovered this today. Even i draw the line here.

Shock as BBC screens "Klu Klux Klan - The Musical"

Earlier today the BBC has caused a major storm after refusing to back down over its decision to screen an uncensored performance of Klu Klux Klan - The Musical.

A horrifed viewer told The Mail "The show contains 1,247 hangings, 4,456 rapes, and more than 1,289,000 swear words - and that's just in the first song!"

The outraged viewer added "I most certainly will be recording the whole program, so that I can count and catalogue every act of profanity and violence personally!"

BBC4 will cause more controversy next month by airing a little known and recently found Derek Jarman film, ****ing ****. The 125-minute film features the two aforementioned disgusting swear words written on a caption in the Gill Sans Bold font. Background and foreground colours of the caption then slowly change throughout the film's duration, to a musical soundtrack by Mike Batt.

Controller of BBC4 Roland Keating, acknowledged that the film "would not suit all tastes" but defended its strong language strenuously, emphasising that the piece "only contained two swear words".

"There's certainly no pleasing some *****" he added.

too far this time?

:|

Archived