Prince O2 arena (millennium dome)

wopp

I did suggest tickets for my birthday as i'm always asked what i want, and this is what i want. But i don't think it is happening.

He is the best person i have ever seen in concert and the last time he is doing all the old stuff.

I want to go :help: Someone tell Nomme

I did suggest tickets for my birthday as i'm always asked what i want, and this is what i want. But i don't think it is happening.

He is the best person i have ever seen in concert and the last time he is doing all the old stuff.

I want to go :help: Someone tell Nomme

I hope you get to go!

there are still tickets left for sept, that's when i am going i can't wait!

last time i saw him was at Hallamfm Arena about 10 year ago.

I went last Friday! Been a big Prince fan for over 15 years and love all his old stuff. Since he changed his name I've only heard his last three albums.

He got fantastic reviews for his first night but I found the show on Friday somewhat disappointing. The ENORMOUS O2 arena's sound-system is worse than the one at Hallam FM Arena. We could have a normal volume conversation and hear each other......

We were on the upper tier. (Which basically means you are watching a show from sky scraper height). Alot of the set list was self indulgent and disappointing. Prince played a few hits in the first hour. He did Purple Rain as an encore (brilliant) then did a couple of other encores - at the end the crowd boo'd in a kind of "was that it?" way.... When he did play his hits it was amazing. There were just far too few for me.

Somebody who had a seat near the stage and hadn't had to take a day off work, pay for a hotel and pay train fare to go might give a far better review....

Prince gigs depend on the set list he plays - I've looked at reviews of other nights and there have been awesome set lists - also he is a brilliant performer.

I went last Friday! Been a big Prince fan for over 15 years and love all his old stuff. Since he changed his name I've only heard his last three albums.

He got fantastic reviews for his first night but I found the show on Friday somewhat disappointing. The ENORMOUS O2 arena's sound-system is worse than the one at Hallam FM Arena. We could have a normal volume conversation and hear each other......

We were on the upper tier. (Which basically means you are watching a show from sky scraper height). Alot of the set list was self indulgent and disappointing. Prince played a few hits in the first hour. He did Purple Rain as an encore (brilliant) then did a couple of other encores - at the end the crowd boo'd in a kind of "was that it?" way.... When he did play his hits it was amazing. There were just far too few for me.

Somebody who had a seat near the stage and hadn't had to take a day off work, pay for a hotel and pay train fare to go might give a far better review....

Prince gigs depend on the set list he plays - I've looked at reviews of other nights and there have been awesome set lists - also he is a brilliant performer.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you...I went on Tuesday 7th Aug and he was mega. He started the show with just guitar and him playing little red corvette....cool....then the next thing I heard was the cowbell and bang - CREAM. The sound was top (but I was on front row of floor) and I went to the afterparty - there was a quality latin band playing and 3 songs in....Prince walks on and joins them with renato and morris on extra keys!! It was off the hook, they played an extended version of Soul Vaccination by Tower Of Power, Superstition and more. Prince even played drums to boot.

I'm going another 3 times in September and will let you know how it goes.

(Yes I am a die hard Prince fan!!)

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you...I went on Tuesday 7th Aug and he was mega. He started the show with just guitar and him playing little red corvette....cool....then the next thing I heard was the cowbell and bang - CREAM. The sound was top (but I was on front row of floor) and I went to the afterparty - there was a quality latin band playing and 3 songs in....Prince walks on and joins them with renato and morris on extra keys!! It was off the hook, they played an extended version of Soul Vaccination by Tower Of Power, Superstition and more. Prince even played drums to boot.

I'm going another 3 times in September and will let you know how it goes.

(Yes I am a die hard Prince fan!!)

Your experience sounds amazing. I know other people who have gone too and some have had a great time and some have grumbled a little. I think it all depends on the view you get and the set list.

I would like to go again and buy a good seat from ebay but can't really afford it at the mo.... I just hope a good DVD of his shows at the Dome gets released.

Archived