UK Tree and Landscape Services.

I need some gardening doing and was just about to phone some people from the Yellow Pages when a man knocked at my door and asked if I wanted any gardening doing. Me being lazy thought this was divine intervention and might save me some phone calls. Just thought I'd check with the good folk of Sheffield first though to see if anyone had had work done by these folks. Any customers? Any thougts? He's touting for business in the Woodhouse Mill area at the moment.

Ask him to give for contact details of existing clients

While some may be genuine, the average guys that knock on your door offering gardening services will try and rip you off.

If they are driving a white pick-up, offer no business address or landline phone number, the odds of this will increase substantially.

If you want to use someone like this, be very clear and detailed in what you agree with them as to work and price.

It is best to do it with a witness present or, even better, on a piece of paper.

Do not pay a single penny until all the work has been completed and cleared away.

While some may be genuine, the average guys that knock on your door offering gardening services will try and rip you off.

If they are driving a white pick-up, offer no business address or landline phone number, the odds of this will increase substantially.

If you want to use someone like this, be very clear and detailed in what you agree with them as to work and price.

It is best to do it with a witness present or, even better, on a piece of paper.

Do not pay a single penny until all the work has been completed and cleared away.

would agree here, watch your pockets and watch even closer what they're up to ,they may be genuine,but i'd go down the yellow pages route personally,not that that is any guarantee of satisfation but at least you've got a starting point if it doe's go t*t's up

of course on the other hand ,he may be just starting up on his own and trying to keep his overheads down.not all door to door canvassers are rip-off merchants.

ring round get a few quotes so as you know what the going rate is for the work you want done, cross ref' this with the price he's offering, make up your own mind and take it from there.

or to be really sure you arn't getting ripped off , do the work yourself.