Parkhouse school

Hi

Did a lot of the fund raising for the barge and worked on it at the back of Spartan Steels, remember all the coal dust we moved before we could start - I was one of the younger end helping - For the life of me I cant remember the names of the lads who did all the hard work - Anyboy help!

Went on the first trip on it, anyone remember Miss Martin in the silver martian suit she wore at night to keep warm, the portable toilets - pulling straws who was to empty them - guess what, I lost along with some others - the hardest part was digging the hole at the side of the canal - the lads pulled our legs for a few days. The back of the barge was divided into girls and boys sleeping areas, cant remember the teacher who used to sit and watch the bedroom doors at night from the communial area to stop us getting together. We found back hatches, got caught as always.

One of the things that has come back is that we had to make anything out of reeds from the side of canal - I started making the eiffel tower and it ended up looking like a duck

brought back a few memories - left PH in 72 - came from Carbrook:thumbsup:

Hi

Did a lot of the fund raising for the barge and worked on it at the back of Spartan Steels, remember all the coal dust we moved before we could start - I was one of the younger end helping - For the life of me I cant remember the names of the lads who did all the hard work - Anyboy help!

Went on the first trip on it, anyone remember Miss Martin in the silver martian suit she wore at night to keep warm, the portable toilets - pulling straws who was to empty them - guess what, I lost along with some others - the hardest part was digging the hole at the side of the canal - the lads pulled our legs for days. The back of the barge was divided into girls and boys sleeping areas, cant remember the teacher who used to sit and watch the bedroom doors at night from the communial area to stop us getting together. We found back hatches, got caught as always.

One of the things that has come back is that we had to make anything out of reeds from the side of canal - I started making the eiffel tower and it ended up looking like a duck

brought back a few memories - left PH in 72 - came from Carbrook:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG!!!!! Just recently discovered SF and one of the first things that jumps out at me is this PHS thread.

I left in 73/74. I turned 50 this year and would be very interested to know if anyone was there at the same time as me.

So many memories as I read through the posts..... I remember having a crush on Mr Morrell (god knows why!!!) he took me for drama. Many years later he came into a pub were I was working and instantly recognised him. He was with a girl young enough to be his daughter but it turned out to be his girlfiriend, I spoke to him and told him I remembered him from school and low and behold he rememered me......

Remember the barge! went on it one year but too long ago to rember where!!!