Parkhouse school

Can't remember a tuck shop - where was it based? Remember Miss Featherstone and Miss Windle though. And the utter chaos of queuing for lunch. And school discos and the annual pantomime/play in which I had a couple of not quite starring roles!!!

Anyone remember the barge/canalboat the school had? Not sure why that's popped into my head! I was only at Park House for 3 years as in third year my parents moved house so my memories are a little vague.

Tuck shop was in dining room each morning. Went for a week on the barge had a great time - not sure where it was based it could have been Spotbrough.

Remember Mr Scott I thought he was an ace English teacher. He used to live on the same road as my nan at Ecclesfield.

Teachers.....Mr Holmes (bought a hotel in Torquay), Mrs Smith (we all thought her and mr holmes were at it!) Mr Feek (less said the better!!!), Mr Morrell (one eyed wonder), Mr Farrar (who actually wore Farrar's!) Ronnie Moore (odd coloured eyes), 'Roller' Roberts, Mr Rudston (Fly away hair!), Mrs Windle, Mr Smith (Metal/woodwork) Mr Walker (Wood/metalwork), Mrs Featherstone (Thunderthighs!), Mr Blades (Top Banana!), Mr Philips, Mrs Garrett, Miss Watson (Biology) Mr Godley, Mr Scott, Mrs Glover, Mr Whitehouse and last but not least....Mrs/miss Gregory/ Wales ..... Phwore!!! (I took english lit just to get in her class and ended up with moron morrell!!!) hehe.

Teachers.....Mr Holmes (bought a hotel in Torquay), Mrs Smith (we all thought her and mr holmes were at it!) Mr Feek (less said the better!!!), Mr Morrell (one eyed wonder), Mr Farrar (who actually wore Farrar's!) Ronnie Moore (odd coloured eyes), 'Roller' Roberts, Mr Rudston (Fly away hair!), Mrs Windle, Mr Smith (Metal/woodwork) Mr Walker (Wood/metalwork), Mrs Featherstone (Thunderthighs!), Mr Blades (Top Banana!), Mr Philips, Mrs Garrett, Miss Watson (Biology) Mr Godley, Mr Scott, Mrs Glover, Mr Whitehouse and last but not least....Mrs/miss Gregory/ Wales ..... Phwore!!! (I took english lit just to get in her class and ended up with moron morrell!!!) hehe.

Those names bring back memories. When I changed school in third year, I became friends with a girl at the new school who a couple of years later went to Torquay to stay with her boyfriend at his mum's hotel. Our family holiday was in Torquay that year so we arranged to meet up. Turned out the mum's partner was Mr Holmes and there he was!!! Small world or what?

so many memories, loved that school, nothing but pure laughter.

lee wot year did u leave, and........how the hell did u remember all those teachers? :o

I've no idea how i remembered all those teachers!!! I suppose they are forever etched in my mind with the constant yelling!! :rant:

Mr Holmes was my form teacher in 1st, 2nd & 3rd year, then i ended up with Mr (Frank) Whitehouse who to be fair was a good guy. Just remebered Mr Hill from french class, not a pleasant memory! I left (officially) in 1985.

I've no idea how i remembered all those teachers!!! I suppose they are forever etched in my mind with the constant yelling!! :rant:

Mr Holmes was my form teacher in 1st, 2nd & 3rd year, then i ended up with Mr (Frank) Whitehouse who to be fair was a good guy. Just remebered Mr Hill from french class, not a pleasant memory! I left (officially) in 1985.

You've brought memories flooding back. What did Mr Holmes teach

Yeah Nibs, Mr Holmes did take technical drawing. We had the form room with all those crazy upright ruler sliding desks!! Oh, another teacher's just come into my 'mad' head...Mr 'Purdy' Dimmalow (probably spelt that wrong but you know who i mean!)..... Dr. Chatterjee (R.E. that was a really naff lesson!) Mr Mcdonald (Chemistry, scottish guy who looked a bit like matthew corbett from sooty & sweep!)