Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

Am considering having my engagement party at the Dam House but have heard you're currently closed for a refurb, is this true? Date currently under consideration is Sat 7th Feb

Dam House:

last time I was there it took 55 minutes for them to bring out a bowl of chips. I asked for them twice and then complained and they decided to do nothing about it. No free drink offers, no 'would you like to see the manager'; just a quick sorry and then away again.

I am a fickle customer. I have not been back since.

Am considering having my engagement party at the Dam House but have heard you're currently closed for a refurb, is this true? Date currently under consideration is Sat 7th Feb

We are indeed closed this week.

We do open back up this Friday from 6pm. A manager will be on duty that afternoon to take any bookings over the phone.

Please email any details of you requirements to us... but at the moment we would have space to cater for you party if you decide to book with us for the 7th of Feb.

I think it would be good to come and look around as we have improved the colour scheme some what this week.

Dam House:

last time I was there it took 55 minutes for them to bring out a bowl of chips. I asked for them twice and then complained and they decided to do nothing about it. No free drink offers, no 'would you like to see the manager'; just a quick sorry and then away again.

I am a fickle customer. I have not been back since.

It's shocking that you waited 55 minutes for chips, something very out of the ordinary must have happened that day.

I don't recall the situation personally, but I am sorry for the wait, and even more ashamed that the situation was not rectified with you personally.

Please email us with more details i.e. date, if you just ordered chips, and details of who you spoke to, and I will personally look in to it for you.

High levels of guest service are something we pride ourselves on, and on this occasion, we clearly failed to meet the minimum standards we set ourselves on your last and first visit. Please dine with us again Olliefrancis, as I'm more than positive that your next experience with us will be a better one.

Visit our web site or get this months issue of West-side magazine for a free bottle of wine voucher Olliefrancis in regards for us to go that little way in restoring your faith in The Dam house.

We are indeed closed this week.

We do open back up this Friday from 6pm. A manager will be on duty that afternoon to take any bookings over the phone.

Please email any details of you requirements to us... but at the moment we would have space to cater for you party if you decide to book with us for the 7th of Feb.

I think it would be good to come and look around as we have improved the colour scheme some what this week.

I have emailed you, thanks. Would like to come and have a look around but very busy at the moment so not sure when. I even liked it the way it used to look so am sure I'll like it more now!

i have read through all the previous posts, as i spent my new years eve at the dam house, (quite frankly the best new year iv ever had) i thought neccessary to post a message. i would like to congratulate all the staff at the dam house for their hard work on the night, i never waited longer than a few minutes to be served at the bar and the food was fantastic. at £30 a ticket which i felt great value.

i have since been for a meal at dam house on a saturday night, again great value and even better food. i will be planning another trip there very soon.

as far as carlton palmer goes, maybe a legend on the football pitch but certainly not in business, so the rumour has it!!!!

Thank you Minnie2.

Carton Palmer no longer is a director of the Dam house and has not had operational input for over a year.

We are always amazed here at the Dam House how many Sheffield United fans don't come down due to this, lets hope now our red and white guests come down to hopefully enjoy an experience like you did Minnie2.

Thank you for your comments, and I have shown this post to the team who worked New Years Eve, and being in the service industry, it's great to know when we get it right as thats what we strive for.

Hope to see you again soon.

I would also like to say thankyou to the Dam House for our lovely engagement party on Saturday night, all the staff were friendly and you as a venue were so so accommodating so thank you for making it a lovely night for us!

I would also like to say thankyou to the Dam House for our lovely engagement party on Saturday night, all the staff were friendly and you as a venue were so so accommodating so thank you for making it a lovely night for us!

Thank you.

I was not there that night, but Richard and John said you where great guests and would love you all to come again when we stock up the champagne!

Make sure you print off the voucher off our web site so you can use that next time.

Hope to see you all soon.

i went there recently having been once before and i must say the food and the place is a lot better now!!!

the chef deserves a michelin star as he is top class

Great Food at last!!!

Recently returned to Sheffield and have been really disappointed when eating in restaurants we used to frequent but the Damhouse proved the exception to this rule.

New menu is fairly traditional but has some great twists like the chilli mushrooms on toast with a poached egg and bacon. Thank god someone has put a steak on a menu without a supplement and still with loads of sides. Could not fault the food and portion size was more than adequate.

The service was attentive and we were glad to be left to ourselves for most of the meal.

We would definetly recommend anyone dining here on our experiences and look forward to coming back in the summer.

Turned up about 5pm on a Tuesday. Me and the better half had two absolutely dire glorified bangers and mash. Terrible quality suasages and then after we had eaten they turned all the lights on and had a manangers meeting and said they were closed at about 6oclock LOL Won't ever ever be going back there! Was really looking forward to a quiet relaxing chat with my girl not to be told thanks for paying us some extortonate fee and k thx bye.