Dodgy postal cards?!

i have had 2 in the past 2 weeks now!!!

has anyone else??

its a card posted to you with your post from royal mail and it says 'payment due'...the sender didnt pay full postage

the one today says i have to pay £6.40 for 4 items(i am not expecting any items by the way) and the one before ask for a quid

has anyone had these and if so what did you do you,pay it?or bin it?

its a proper royal mail card too by the way

It depends how nosy you are.

I'd assume that anything important would have the proper postage paid & £6.40 is a lot to shell out just to get some junk mail. Having said that, you won't know what it was if you don't pay!

No help I know!

:)

These type of cards usually give you the option to pay the difference on collection. If it doesn't I would think its a bit suspect!

Wouldnt the additional payment go to the post office so if its a scam nobody would make anything? I'dpay it a see what happens, worth a gamble. bet you could claim your money back of post office if its a scam.

take the card along to the local delivery office ( where you would pick up a parcel ) & ask them to show you the items & make ur mind up if you want them .. if not they will be returned to sender

why not just goto the post office and see what the things are first, infact you have to goto the post office to pay anyway don't you :confused:, could well be genuine stuff as i've had things sent by banks that do not have the postage costs covered :rolleyes:

i open the post at work & we get these quite often. i normally just bin them. when RM dont recieve payment off yourself they then send a card to the sender to say postage wasnt corect & to have the item sent they must pay the postage cost plus admin cost (normally £1). if they pay you recieve your item, if not then i supose RM just bin said item.

Not seen this one but there was one a while ago to arrange a visit to collect a missed delivery.

Phone 09 blah blah blah @ £1.50/min.

My mum had one of these through her letter box the other day, the thing is it was for a completely different name to my mum but at the same address. She said she would see the postie and give him the card back and tell him to return the letter to sender.

There is a scam going round, we've been alterted at work.

Soemone orders a parcel to be delivered to your address, their name (i think, but your address) and tries to intercept the postman as he's delivering it your door.

The woman who alerted everyone saw "him" lurking at the end of her drive and he tried to get the postie to give him the parcel, she went out and discovered wht was going on.

Just be careful...............

Soemone orders a parcel to be delivered to your address, their name (i think, but your address) and tries to intercept the postman as he's delivering it your door.

The woman who alerted everyone saw "him" lurking at the end of her drive and he tried to get the postie to give him the parcel, she went out and discovered wht was going on.

Just be careful...............

was going to say as above lol

this is a hoax , it is somewhere on the forum but i cant find link to the post ...... i was until very recently a postie (14 yrs) & i can assure you that we are/were not allowed to issue a letter/package/parcel or any other item of mail to a person in the street .

a very large percentage of postmen/women know the names of customers & this practice would alert any postie to a malpractice of the type suggested , it quite simply doesnt happen ... any item of mail MUST be delivered to the address on the item , not to a person on the street (even if the postie is new on the round & doesnt know any1)..... just as an example ... i would not even have been allowed to hand over my own mothers mail to her in the street , ok i know this does happen but if you see it please report it to your local delivery office manager as this is unnacceptable practice , 1 rule for all etc