Domino's Pizza - Terrible Service

Just like to add something to this thread.

I've had a call from the manager this evening regarding the poor service I received.

He apologised for the service and offered us a free pizza when we next order.

On the whole I think this shows that they do care about their customers and it's only fair that I give them another chance.

In case he or any other staff member of Dominoes @ Woodseats reads this - Thank you for the call, and we will gladly take you up on that offer soon.

It is appreciated :thumbsup:

Was a manager at DP in Warwick and Reading a few years back. The service is always below par at peak times and weekends but think they always try to give realistic eta. However, Domino's customer service guarantee either a refund or fresh pizza if you are unhappy with your product so make sure you complain. They will mark your account which is (as DD correctly said) registered under your phone number.

Points of interest...

When they do not seem to be answering the phone this is most likely due to them taking all phones off hook so that they can clear large back logs of orders. Obviously not good for profits but the service would be dire at this time anyway.

Never known anyone at DP to retaliate to complaints with old 'spit on pizza' trick but cleanliness has never been best. Delivery drivers regularly pull pizzas from oven and cut them up for you straight after coming off road and without washing hands. Usually have seperate cutter for meat and veg though.

Deliveries at busy times are done 2, 3 or 4 in one go so as to clear them asap. A relatively new hot plate for pizza bags has allowed them to do this without losing so much heat from pizza but these don't work too good.

One thing DP are good for is all fresh ingredients. Nothing is frozen really and they even do proper dough slapping which makes for good crust. The guys who throw and spin the pizza in the air are only doing this to impress you cos the training doesn't tell them to do this (watch when a group of hot chicks come in store to order - male managers will turn into the mario brothers)

Finally, the guys on the mopeds are the ones who deserve the tips. They ride about all through winter, trying to avoid ice, drink drivers, muggings and constantly get shouted at by manager all for minimum wage. Car drivers get to sit in their nice, safe, warm car earning 75p - £1 extra per delivery - this is why they try to take so many at a time. Tip the spotty little teenagers!

I have to admit that I've never had a problem with Dominos. Having said that I've never phoned them up: I went on their website once to get the phone number and discovered you can order it all online.

You can pay when your pizza arrives or you can pay by debit/credit card online and it's never been more than 20 minutes from the time of ordering before it arrives. I'm amazed Pizza Hut doesn't do this - everytime I phone them the women on the other end pretends I'm a prank caller says 'Hello' a few times and then hangs up!!:loopy:

Archived