Ecc Road or Nonnas?

Please im very new to sheffeild and this area coming from London/Essex so could the people from sheffeild please tell me whats so great about this part of town or nonnas as i went passed this part of town in the car to see what all the hype was about? ive also been told that this is the place to go for a good night out in sheffeild, ok its got some bars and a few restruants but nothing thats not any diffrent from where i come from these type of bars are 10 a penny in london / essex .

Well those kind of bars aren't ten a penny here - I guess that's what the attraction is for most people. It's just an area that's a bit different from the run-of-the-mill city centre type bars and pubs I think.

try the wicker/ burngreave, lots of choice, multi cultural dining, very different bars.

not many people know this ;)

I'd give Nonnas a swerve if I was you. Totally overpriced crap, my son and I ate there a couple of weeks ago, my pasta was bland to say the least, and he rented his lasagne, it didnt make it down the parkway before it was being launched out of the window!

Hi there Beebe, welcome to Sheffield!

Whereabouts in Essex you from?

Best bet is to try lots of different places for yourself. Sheffield's a lovely place but it doesn't have the same range and variety of eateries that some other big cities have. That said, it's improved a lot over recent years and there's some little gems to be found.

Please im very new to sheffeild and this area coming from London/Essex so could the people from sheffeild please tell me whats so great about this part of town or nonnas as i went passed this part of town in the car to see what all the hype was about? ive also been told that this is the place to go for a good night out in sheffeild, ok its got some bars and a few restruants but nothing thats not any diffrent from where i come from these type of bars are 10 a penny in london / essex .

Perhaps try looking for something that London/Essex doesn't have then, although everything is becoming so homogenised that I'm not sure what that would be.

I'd give Nonnas a swerve if I was you. Totally overpriced crap, my son and I ate there a couple of weeks ago, my pasta was bland to say the least, and he rented his lasagne, it didnt make it down the parkway before it was being launched out of the window!
And that's supposedly the best!what does it say about the rest on Ecclesall road? O K for Sheffield I suppose..........hardly a cultural eating preserve.Most people I talk to, say that Sheffield could surely support at least one top notch restuarant,and Ecclesall road would be the best site

sheffield has plenty of 'top notch' places to eat - sounds like your dissapointed with us without not actually getting up off your bottom and finding out for yourself - why not bugger off back down south?

sheffield has plenty of 'top notch' places to eat - sounds like your dissapointed with us without not actually getting up off your bottom and finding out for yourself - why not bugger off back down south?
I don't come from down south sunshine!...lived in Sheffield all my life, but we are obviously on different wavelengths,so...............no further comment.

I think what is mistaken for top notch in Sheffield is that it has to come looking like it will feed a battallion of irish navvies a month and have a bit left over. Quantity does not in any way equal quality. Nonnas unfortunately had neither.

There are some fine places in Sheffield - but for a city of its size - it does have a poor selection...

... 10 a penny in essex??? dont think so....