Who remembers being caned at school?

do you remember ever being caned at school or getting slippered

i did many a time in front of all the school

what did you get caned for :hihi:

I got the ruler, cane, or worse teacher,s hand,on your arm,for talking in class

& even laughing, you were scared of your teacher in those day,s kid,s dont

know thier, born today.

Yes I got caned by Mr Beeson at Woodhouse West Junior for rolling the pencil he was giving out on the first day of term down the desk!! and Mr Thorpe bless him had a worrying gaite of spanking girls over his knee!!! Would we have questioned it then? You daren't tell your parents for fear of another wallop!

Don't remember Mr Thorpe doing that, Linnet, but I'm sure I would have if I had been a girl. I only remember him as a very mild, friendly guy. But in those days, corporal punishment was the norm. Still, spanking girls over his knee?? Strikes me as being off limits even bk then.

• 5 months later...
I played truant with the kid next door I think one of the snotty 'teachers pet' happened to say" They live next door to each other".

This was at Colley School 1950/1, we spent the day in Grenner Woods

Mr Birch had us in his office with Mr Shaw in attendance and gave us 6 of the best on the palm.

When I was questioned I said i did not know the neighbour was also off school, to which Mr Birch looked at Mr Shaw and said "Have you ever seen pigs fly?".All this without even checking with the parents to see if it was a genuine absence.

I have no complaints

i got caned at olley for wagging it by mr birch i hated him

I have only been punished by teachers on three occasions

First time in the infants at Pye Bank School,maybe 6 or 7 yr old, a ruler accross my hands,(thankyou Mrs Hancock).

Second time in my first year at Chaucer School about 1968, a slipper across my backside,(thanks to PE teacher Mr Pearson),

and in the same year the good old cane, one stroke only on each hand,(thankyou Mr.Plant head teacher) I seem to recall that a Matthew Holmes and Robert England got the cane with me that day.

For kids today who wonder what its like to get the cane, watch the expression of hurt on the face of the kid Billy Casper in the film Kes.

yeah i remember copping it off mr pearson and also the cane off mr fleming sure he was a sadist

Don't remember Mr Thorpe doing that, Linnet, but I'm sure I would have if I had been a girl. I only remember him as a very mild, friendly guy. But in those days, corporal punishment was the norm. Still, spanking girls over his knee?? Strikes me as being off limits even bk then.

Well sorry Rog but I am not blessed with an over imaginative memory believe me. As a teacher he was one of the best, we're talking 1950's here things were v different then as far as schooling was concerned. Probably at the time didn't think anything of it it is only as things have become more pc these days, can imagine these days what the outcry would be.

I got caned at King Teds when I was 13-three on the backside which was heavily padded with about six pairs of shorts.

The reason-I changed a radio programme from a German lesson that was being recorded by JET, the most useless teacher ever. I could have got away with it but I told my best mate what I had done and as a detention for the whole form after school was threatened I had to own up.

Lessons learned? Keep your gob shut if you do anything likely to bounce back at you! I was also vice form captain and I learned my lesson at that age of the need to set an example and be a role model. So John Terry has no sympathy from me.