Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Its clicked :huh:

Told you I'm still easily recognizable, Gather you've read my description of me quite a good one don't you think tho my hairs no longer redd brown n gold its chesnut brown at the mo soon to be straeked with lighter highlights soon as my youngest daughter can find the time to do it : help: Can't say the same about you tho :confused: jackie

I'm thinking about travellin up tomorrow, where will you be at the weekend - I'm sure we can re-acquaint over a pint :)

:wave:Probably Nelson about 10ish maybe a little later,:hihi: Before then possibly Sportsman. Devonshire Cat or Washington. so might see u then but you might have to come up to me n say hi ok.:cool: so look forward to being re-aquainted over a pint prob be wiv husband possibly not as its my sisters birthday on sat or two cheers jackie

Hi my brother was always in the wapp and rebels, his name was jim and he thought he looked abit like Nikk6. He was probably remembered for having an accident in the groin area and showing of his stitches and his scarxx

I remember the Wapentake and Rebels with a strong sense of fondness. They were happy, legendary nights and there is no other memory that can bring on that giddy feeling i'd have in my belly everytime I went into both the Wap and Rebels.

(Mabye it was something to do with the stairs in both places making me feel giddy? dunno)

I recognise most of the people in Fox's photos, Mandy, Dolby, (Kicked his arse at pool a few times) Shane, Chris, Mac, Bog and I am in a couple of them as well. I also remember a few mad Christmasses that we spent going drinking round Walkley. If I am not mistaken is Wendy now an MBE for her work during the floods?

I hope that everyone from those days is well. I regret I lost a few friends along the way from those days to now, so I am not in touch with anyone anymore. But those times will stay with me until I die.

I used to go to the peace gardens saturday afternoon ****** from the Wap and have Bloomer bread corned beef and coleslaw with Dennis brook. I used to Hang around with a punk lass called sid she were a bit posh but nice. Then we'd go back to the wap and finish in Rebels. 907 home smashed!

hey shabarker :D

I was a regular in the penthouse, grapes, wap. sportsman. yorshiremsan right up until about 1984 when i got married :loopy: (it was a good idea at the time :hihi: Well I thought so but we still together nearly thirty years on ) n going out sort of fizzled out no money to play with ) fer a while.:huh:

Well 10yrs at least then started going back in to sportsman yorkshireman, wap on my own once a week . Eventually got back into the swing of things about 12months later n now the nelson n sportsman can't get rid of me I :love:it always have: done :headbang: can't beat heavy rock no matter what. Later jackie:wave:

KEEP ON ROCKIN :headbang::" rock foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr!":

hey shabarker:wave::)

What happened to you on sat night :huh: looking forward to that drink wiv you n yu didn;t say hi as requested :D Told Eric, Jack you were coming to Sheff fer the weekend but you didn't materialize. :P If you did I'm soz I missed you as well.

Is your name Shaun :?: if it is Eric did remember you especially when I said he'd bit your bum coming up the stairs in the wap :blush: but unfortunately he couldn't get into town due to having a youngish family (well they 5,6,9,) he does have three others the youngest of them is 12 other two 18 n 22 so he sent his apologies n said maybe next time you in sheffield you could catch up then.later jackie:wave:

:lol: By the way Shabarker

Saw Martin on tues he looking very well::he'd just been to see his solicitor about fighting in Hillsboro on Fri night (sound familiar) .:hihi: still not married n he sez don't think they ever will be

He's been going out with her for nearly four years they've been engaged two of them n they living together somewhere on hillsboro. :loopy:

He sez he don't go out much these days n when he does he still goes in Sportsman n Frog n Parrot sometimes Dove n Rainbow.:mrgreen: hope that helps don;t have a phone number fer him so you can't give him a ring soz so u just haveto turn up in town n hope he's out n about then later jackie:wave:

Hi Jackielynne

sorry I couldn't get back to you, didn't have internet access where I was staying in Sheff (with my first love from 21 yrs ago!) - I went for a pint in Nelson's on Friday afternoon, that place is such a great replacement for the Wap - I walked in and it felt like home :)

I'll be up again next month so we'll have to get together.

As for Martin fighting - what's new lol some things will never change!

My name is sharon but I usually go by sha or 'roni, just remind Mart of who I am next time you see him, hmmmm - when he was living with Noel and the mad kid who kicked off outside a police station, I was in his bed and the lad (name eludes me Richard maybe??) shouted top of his voice "Oi, Mart have you really got a bird in there" and I fell out of bed laughing.

Hi my brother was always in the wapp and rebels, his name was jim and he thought he looked abit like Nikk6. He was probably remembered for having an accident in the groin area and showing of his stitches and his scarxx

Hmm, I think I remember him.

Did he work your Dad who lived in Woodseats?