Has anyone been followed by a Store Detective?

Nazi in Waitrose? Just doing his job... If you feel strongly about it talk to a member of the store management. Its in the interest of the store to keep the customers happy.

I make a point of looking furtive and hanging around the expensive bottles in Waitrose...just to pee them off

Poor thing. I hope for your sake, he was one of the fit ones, and not one of the others!

I forgot they even exist!!! lol

me too, i dont really look around me in shops, i dont care what anyone else is doing when im on a mission, and since ive never shop lifted im not bothered if they do follow me, im a nightmare in clothes shops, spend ages going picking stuff out and putting it back, leaving the shop, then entering again later when ive seen other shops and decided what i want

Year's ago, Boots at Broomhill used to have a rather 'butch' looking woman doing the security work. Every time I went in there with the babs to get nappies and stuff like that, she would be there folling my every move round the shop (very indiscretely may I add)

In the end I got sick of it and just spent 15 mins walking round and round the shop, she did the same. I complained to the staff about her, it was becoming a bit uncomfortable to just buy baby stuff from there. She's not been there for a few years now, Wonder who she is stalking these days:suspect:

If it's one of the fit ones, they can follow me round all they want! He he!

me too, i dont really look around me in shops, i dont care what anyone else is doing when im on a mission, and since ive never shop lifted im not bothered if they do follow me, im a nightmare in clothes shops, spend ages going picking stuff out and putting it back, leaving the shop, then entering again later when ive seen other shops and decided what i want

haha yeah, it doesnt cross my mind when I walk in a shop! When I go round Asda, I'm thinking "Get out of my way... Stop dawdling!... How much is this gonna cost me? Would it be cheaper not to take BF with me?" The last thing I'm thinking of is who is watching me? :hihi:

In my relaxed weekend dress or jeans, top and bodywarmer, I've been checked out by staff in my local Co-Op which I found annoying. They appeared at both ends of an aisle because I was browsing the chillers.

A friend of mine got followed around M&S at Meadowhall with her friend (in their mid-30s at the time), cos they were being giggly and daft on the escalator and clearly looked suspicious :loopy:

I once got dragged into town by my Hubby when I was full of cold and feeling like crud, and I'd gone out with my hair scraped back, a baseball cap on and an old GAP hoody that was about 5 sizes too big, no make up and a peeved look on my face.

We were in WHSmiths downstairs and Hubby was in the queue and I was just mooching round looking at DVD's when I realised I was being followed by the security bloke!

I thought it was hilarious and I started wandering round picking stuff up and moving it around just to keep myself entertained!

I think next time I'm in town looking totally scruffy and getting suspicious glares from the security staff, I'm going whip my mobile out, ring a mate and put a really posh accent on and say "Hi Daahling, are we still on for drinky-poos later? Soooper Dahling!! Must dash, I've parked the Merc on double yellows...Kiss Kiss!!" :hihi:

At the end of the day can you trust anyone? 99% of the time the answer would be no. If you owned a shop and it was your profit that was walking out the door, im sure you would watch your customers.

The security staff are only doing what they are paid to do. Yes for those honest people amongst us it can be annoying but if it keeps the price of beans down then I dont mind. But winding up the guard isnt the answer its distracting them from catching proper criminals that cost the retail sector millions of pounds per year which is made up by the consumer paying higher prices.

85.7% of losses within retail are crime related. If the guard is watching people, and gets arrests then he is helping not just the store he works for but the community in the area.

At the end of the day if you dont give cause for concern then the guard is likely to move on to someone else!