Mobility vehicles...info wanted

a question about motobility, is it true that you can use the scheme and DLA money to buy a touring caravan? And before certain people jump on my back, using a tourer is the easiest way for us to go on holiday as we can stop as and when needed and ensure all equipment and medication is there and in the right place ect ect. Our current tourer has just about had it and I'm not sure if we can stretch to another just yet! Thanks in advance!

I agree, I dont like the way the scheme works! It looks good on paper but in reality you end up more out of pocket. I've just got a new car (well not new but you know what I mean!) I saved up my sons DLA and bought it off ebay, luckily my partner is a mechanic so he could check I wasnt getting ripped off, and I now have a car with a big boot suitable for his wheelchair

if you lease a car through motability, then you insurance is also covered.

depending on how many bumps etc you have had, if you buy outright from elsewhere than motability, you could be stung over insurance, so it may be as wide as it is long, financially.

you need to get a quote for both ways, and look at the swings and roundabouts, and work out which method will be most beneficial.

a question about motobility, is it true that you can use the scheme and DLA money to buy a touring caravan? And before certain people jump on my back, using a tourer is the easiest way for us to go on holiday as we can stop as and when needed and ensure all equipment and medication is there and in the right place ect ect. Our current tourer has just about had it and I'm not sure if we can stretch to another just yet! Thanks in advance!

The best thing for you to do would be to phone the Motobility or email them. Details at http://www.motability.org.

Give them your phone number and they wil call you back.

They are very helpful, understanding and easy to talk to.

Good Luck

The best thing for you to do would be to phone the Motobility or email them. Details at http://www.motability.org.

Give them your phone number and they wil call you back.

They are very helpful, understanding and easy to talk to.

Good Luck

thanks for that!

Hi

I have a son who is disabled and qualifys for the motabilty

you can do one of two things rent a car from them using the money or buy one they will lend you the money to that but you have to go through their 'rules' which have just changed the car has to be under 7 years old when you have finshed paying for it and under 40,000 miles

I have just done this before the rules changed and went to Evan halshaws on Eccleshall road they have been really bad and has taking them ages to sort out making mistakes after mistakes and still are

just a warning not to go there

most dealers have a speaclist but that doesnt mean they know what they are doing

I recommend you go there what you are after if you are going to buy the vehicle

Deciede on what is best for you i thought that renting one would not be the best option for us but everyone is different