Looking for farmers markets or local produce shops.

There's a programme on at the moment about saving energy and talking about the amount of waste produced from packaging which then goes into landfill sites.

Does anyone know of any farmers markets or where to buy good local produce?

you might want to come and take a look at Urbandeli. We are based down on Campo lane. We are committed to stocking local produce where possible and have a policy of using 100% renewable power and recycled packaging. We stock free range pork from Lincs and 80% of the cheese is from an 80 mile radius of Sheffield. If you want some more details then check out the website www,urbandeli.co.uk.

We are also going to stock fresh veg from local farms and bread from a local bakery in a couple of weeks....

Hope to see you soon

cant get your website.

Theres a farmers market on barkers pool every 4th sunday of the month, its okay, pretty small though, I usually go for the venison and tubs of yorkshire Crisps

Try Liberty farm shop on Abbeydale Road in Totley, I think all their meat and veg is from local farms.

Try Liberty farm shop on Abbeydale Road in Totley, I think all their meat and veg is from local farms.

Bakewell Farmers Market held at the Agricultural Business Centre on the last Saturday of each month, the region's biggest and apparently best market of it's type.

Lots of local producers of veg, quality meat and bakery stuff. I never miss it.

Roney's prokshop deal with locally produced pork as well supporting rare breeds, and the sausages are fantastic!

Waitrose were doing a promotion yesterday for their Yorkshire produce section which is just inside the door on the greengrocery department. They didn't have much, a few cucumbers, lettuce etc, but full marks for effort :thumbsup:

Pearson Brothers butchers at Hillsboro' source their beef from local farms and frequently have a board outside telling you where this weeks beasts were reared. They also offer outstanding customer service.

Coppice view farm off Rivelin Valley Road does meat, veg & bits n bobs.

Whirlow hall farm have a farm shop selling lamb, chicken, eggs and pork etc produced on the farm. You can buy an entire pig or sheep for the freezer, ready butchered, and not very expensive at all. We had a farm tour with some kids last week, they collected eggs from under the hens, then we had some for tea - wonderful, so fresh and tasty :) I will definitely go again.

cant get your website.

The site is back up and running after an attack on the ISP server