Giant new Tesco on Spital Hill / Saville Street.

Apparently it will open in about 9 weeks. I only know this because my mother has been offered a job there.

It's a massive Tesco, it's going to sell all the same crap that they do in all the other Tesco's, it's not a theme park!

haha, I believe so. But why it is built in that size? I have been to Tesco Abbeydale Drive, isn't that big enough?

haha, I believe so. But why it is built in that size? I have been to Tesco Abbeydale Drive, isn't that big enough?

Because they they have been allowed to get away with it. Someone in the Sheffield planning department is going to end up with a heck of a lot of club card points for signing that monstrosity off.

Apparently it will open in about 9 weeks. I only know this because my mother has been offered a job there.

Thanks! That is very soon ... :)

Because they they have been allowed to get away with it. Someone in the Sheffield planning department is going to end up with a heck of a lot of club card points for signing that monstrosity off.

:hihi: that is good threaten point

I think it's because it's a Tesco Extra which does a lot more than food - it's more like Argos (+ food) selling everything under the sun.

went to sorby house as suggested by my friend who works at Tesco, although they had a street sign saying recruitment with tesco, the door sign said apply online! went inside, asked the guy, just passed me a leaflet saying the jobs should be up online mid august......

so by the looks of it, the non job scheme jobs are still up for grabs...when they become available

It opens on Monday 31st October.

It opens on Monday 31st October.

Halloween? :D

Yay! Might call in then, dressed in my Halloween costume.

Threads merged. Please don't start a new thread when we've got threads already running that you could ask your question on.

Threads merged. Please don't start a new thread when we've got threads already running that you could ask your question on.

Sorry, will try to use the search function first before start a new thread.

went to sorby house as suggested by my friend who works at Tesco, although they had a street sign saying recruitment with tesco, the door sign said apply online! went inside, asked the guy, just passed me a leaflet saying the jobs should be up online mid august......

so by the looks of it, the non job scheme jobs are still up for grabs...when they become available

Did it say what website or webaddress the jobs would be put up on ? :)