US Masters Golf

Good to see Rose putting down a good score yesterday

Tiger has just gone...bogey, bogey:o

VJ Singh is looking strong

Clarke & Casey putting in strong 2nd rounds. Shame about their 1st round scores :(

...Tiger has just gone...bogey, bogey:o

And with the 10 shot rule in effect for this comp he could be in danger of missing the cut :o

Tiger has just pulled one back...I think he will be in for another round:)

Justin lost a shot at the first...ouch

Stenson and Adam Scott yet to tee off - interesting to see if these two get going around Augusta

I can't see Tiger winning this year.

But as to who will win it is very open so far.

That usually is the case, if Tiger doesn't win the winner is hard to predict.

Maybe I was wrong thinking Tiger wouldn't win this year as he is currently in second place.

... and now he goes out in the last group for the final round... ;)

Remarkable day. You just can't comprehend how hard that course is playing. Only 1 player shot an under par 3rd round, and no one is under par after 54 holes.

Could be carnage again for the 4th round. They expect similar temp/wind and ofcourse it'll be Masters Sunday pin positions.... :o

Its survival golf out there

You would not bet against the Tiger at this stage, despite his problems with the 17 and 18th holes but I thought Appleby played really well on Saturday. Harrington looked strong yesterday and it is asking the question if Rose has the mental strength to launch a bid for the final round?

Mickelson...he really has hung in there in the last two days and with the low scores...if the course plays harder for the last round he could figure in the top three

Going for a top three of Tiger, Harrington and Appleby

It would now be a major surprise if Tiger didn't win.

It shows that when the leader remains round about level par anyone who makes the cut is still in contention.

That makes more exciting viewing than seeing who can keep getting birdies at every hole.

It would now be a major surprise if Tiger didn't win.

It shows that when the leader remains round about level par anyone who makes the cut is still in contention.

That makes more exciting viewing than seeing who can keep getting birdies at every hole.

The way the course is playing it may be the case of the player with an even par round may win it - the leaders are going backwards score wise.

It is going to take some real perseverence and guts to win the thing....the Tiger, Singh and Mickleson are renowned for such qualities...its up for grabs - who wants it the most?

..That makes more exciting viewing than seeing who can keep getting birdies at every hole.

Novel isn't it... I take no sadistic pleasure in seeing the pro's struggling round a course, but it makes a nice change to see them scrambling for pars rather than peppering the flags and ramming in 15ft putts with monotonous regularity.

Did anyone see Kelly's first putt on the 10th yesterday? He was 25ft short of the pin with his approach as were 90% of the field. The players before him had, almost to a man, left the putt short of the hole.. and I was sat there thinking they keep misreading the pace of the putt... until Kelly 'had a go' at the hole and watched bemused as the ball ran off the green beyond the hole :o All became clear.....

I take as much pleasure out of seeing a well executed 15ft chip shot to 2ft (round these greens) than I do seeing a 190yrd iron go to 2ft. You just need to be aware of the challenge that the shot presents - not always obvious unless you've seen a player try it from the same position earlier. Donald's pitch at 16 was an exquisite example.

Not too bothered who wins except Mickelson... I just can't warm to him... at times he looks mad when he lets that starey eyed grin loose. I'm sure he's a really nice bloke but....

I don't really take pleasure in seeing the pro's struggle, although there is a small smile.

But if a par score is 72 then to get under that should be a real achievement.

To see players winning events on 22 under, and to see people missing the cut when they are under par, means to me that the course needs to be made more difficult.