Celebrities in Sheffield

Elvis Costello on Fargate, Richard Hawley at a cash machine on Hunter's Bar, and least surprisingly of all, Neil Warnock on Eccy road.

I saw the guy who plays Jack Osbourne in Hollyoaks on the Moor once.

He lives in Grenoside!

I served Richard Hawley at our bar today, and a very nice guy he was too!

Hawley is a complete idiot, i though he'd be a mild mannered sort of chap given the nature of his music, but he's just an out and out idiot!

I see the guy who plays Jack from Hollyoaks all the time at sheffield Station.

Sean Bean on the Kop at Bramall Lane many moons ago. Dave Bassett at the train station in the 90s. Howard Wilkinson in St Williams Catholic Church (when I used to be a God-botherer). Richard Hawley in Yellow Arch Studios. Also Corey Clarke, singer from American rock band Warrior Soul in Yellow Arch. Tony Hadley in Drop at the City Hall looking very out of place!

ralf little in Asda a while back but yesterday I saw those two blokes off tv who do the housebuying thing, they gay but i don't know their names and my god they look better in the flesh. very nice looking and very fit. they were filming in meadowhall yesterday

I once had a girlfriend who lived next door to Bobby Knutt at Wharncliffe Side.

I worked as a chamber maid at the Grosvenor in 1979/80 when I was still at school - met The Skids, Elkie Brooks, Bob Monkhouse, and a few others I can't remember now - I flogged the autographs on evil-bay. I remember Elkie Brooks was pregnant at the time - seem to think she'd been given permission to bring her dogs along and they were staying in the room. She was lovely - so tiny!

I'm no royalist, but in the early 90s, Princess Anne came to open the tennis club at Norton and as I was working at Norton college at the time, I went along with the rest of the office gang and ended up standing very close to her or as close as her gang of minders would let us get - again, I remember thinking how small she looked- and that she had dandruff (navy blue suit).

When our garden was on Channel 4 in 1994 we met all the presenters of Garden Club (Roy Lancaster, Matthew Biggs and Rebecca Powys) and then I got the chance to meet my gardening hero Geoff Hamilton when he came to Heeley City Farm.

and we also had our garden photographed by the lovely late Pete Bowler, a keen wildlife photographer who wrote for local and national press.

Seen Phil Oakey around- he lives up theroad from here and he was going out with a girl I worked with/managed for a while a few years back (Sally Wren, in case he's reading this- she was lovely). He was at THe Plug's opening night event to see The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and wasstood next to me for a good hour- not that I made conversation or anything like that- I could barely hear myself think.

Recently met and had a nice chat with Graham Fellows (aka Jilted John, aka John Shuttleworth) at a masterclass event at Hallam Uni

oh and when we went to see Derek Acorah at the city hall this year, we were late arriv8ng and I was just about to open the door to go into the main hall when Derek appeared on the other side to speak to a member of the audience near there, so I spent 20 mins standing on the other side of the door barely inches away from him waiting thil he'd moved on...so much for psychics -you'd have thought he'd have known I was there. wouldnt you?

My Fiancee works in Clarks in Orchard Square and sold 2 pairs of shoes to Michael Ball today.

Erm... bumped into the prime minister, his wife and dave blunkett last week if that counts :hihi:

jarvis cocker a few weeks back in waitrose n said alr8t he was with his missus and god that man has not aged he looks like he did 15 years back mental........what a legend!!

i saw lee ottoway (from hollyoaks/love island) in the upstairs lounge a few staurdays back!! he smiled at me!!

well i hope that i can become a celebrity in sheffield i just won the manchester irish comedain of the year check out manchester irish festival website! the other contestant the stripping dog didn't stick a chance!!!! well hope to see you all soon when my name is in lights ...hopefully not police ones again!!! so look out for :loopy: david mc corry