Bradfield School Catchment Changes

Could anyone tell me if free bus passes are going to be considered for the new school??

or school transport??

I think this argument is detracting from the real issue which is what is best for our local children.

Unfortunately, (yet again) being second cousin and poor relation to Middlewood Road, my children and those of my neighbours will not be considered in any of these options due to living on the wrong side of the road, irrespective of the fact that we indeed live closer to Bradfield that many who will fall into any new catchment if it is created.

I do however support those parents who are lucky enough to be considered within a new boundary change as the logistics of getting children to the new school are stupid to say the least.

I would however take issue with anyone on WPV who are going to be driving their children to Bradfield! Get the bus!

My children do bus it most days i just took then one day to time it against going to myers.

I am sympathetic towards this situation, especially if a family have moved into an area especially for their children to go to a specific school but I don't think that Bradfield school will suffer, from what posters have said on this thread they obviously have got it sorted when it comes to their level of teaching etc, because they have already been piling out good grades to lots of different children. I would have thought too that with the council putting so much money into the new super school they are going to make sure that the school is a success. I live in Stannington but to be honest I don't really know the areas around it as I have not lived in Sheffield for very long but I get the feeling that some people think that children from 'other' areas would drag down the standards. Why is that?? or am i completely wrong?

Personally i don't waste my time being catty and picking people up on their grammer, and i am so glad you do take time to read the other forums and you will see that actually i got the average council tax wrong. its nearer 170.. and i can assure you it is alot more than 30.00 per year going to Bradfield parish council..

Annual Council Tax Payable 2007/08

Take for example band D - £1383.44, if you live in Bradfield Parish £1418.10 difference = £34.66

My children already attend Bradfield and so i am already smiling like a cat with the cream!!!!!!!!!!:hihi::D :D instead of back biting and campaigning on here which is what alot of people are doing, why don't they actually look at environmental reasons why changes would be better than a rest...

Well smiley cat that got the cream, if thats not back biting I don't know what is.

I am sympathetic towards this situation, especially if a family have moved into an area especially for their children to go to a specific school but I don't think that Bradfield school will suffer, from what posters have said on this thread they obviously have got it sorted when it comes to their level of teaching etc, because they have already been piling out good grades to lots of different children. I would have thought too that with the council putting so much money into the new super school they are going to make sure that the school is a success. I live in Stannington but to be honest I don't really know the areas around it as I have not lived in Sheffield for very long but I get the feeling that some people think that children from 'other' areas would drag down the standards. Why is that?? or am i completely wrong?

I would say that the majority of people don't think this way, it's more to do with that fact that children from rural areas may have difficulty getting a place at Bradfield.

Please don't be so confident about option 1, i have attended 15 meetings and am on a governing body for one of the primary schools involved..........

I am not saying anymore

I am not confident at all. I think that the council have already made their mind up based on policies of jealousy - ie they have a good school and live in nice big houses, so lets take it off them.

What I am confident about is that I will fight them all the way to stop changes to the detriment of my community

I live in Stannington but to be honest I don't really know the areas around it as I have not lived in Sheffield for very long but I get the feeling that some people think that children from 'other' areas would drag down the standards. Why is that?? or am i completely wrong?

I'd like an answer to that too shoegirl.. :)

Yes lets not forget Marlcliffe school which is at the centre of this debate along with the other primary schools it will effect.

Personally i don't waste my time being catty and picking people up on their grammer, and i am so glad you do take time to read the other forums and you will see that actually i got the average council tax wrong. its nearer 170.. and i can assure you it is alot more than 30.00 per year going to Bradfield parish council.. You may argue what does that have to do with it. But aren't Stannington also moaning that some of them pay into Bradfield???

My children already attend Bradfield and so i am already smiling like a cat with the cream!!!!!!!!!!:hihi::D :D instead of back biting and campaigning on here which is what alot of people are doing, why don't they actually look at environmental reasons why changes would be better than a rest...

Why is paying in to Bradfield parish council so important in this issue? they have no input in to Bradfield School, they put no financial support in to any school in the area, & I've yet to hear any of the parish councillors pass comment on the matter.

I have not made any "back biting comments", I want to make sure that Bradfield is the success it is now & can be in the future. But & it's a big 1, if the council get this wrong, it could have a negative effect on the school & it's pupils.

1. I have sympathy for those who feel that they have earned the right, through history, to attend Bradfield School whilst living in Stannington. I too, had I bought a house in Stannington for school reasons, would now be worried and upset about the proposed changes.

2. Why do people keep quoting about rural areas losing their place, based on distance? I know this is the potential outcome of one of the Options but the council aren't stupid (no comments please) - they know these children need a school.

3. Despite all of the above I CANNOT see how people in Stannington can honestly say that it is right that their children PASS the children from 'north of marcliffe' catchment on their way to school. Environmentally, economically and for the good of the children, THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

Apologies in advance for the shouting but come on people!

Our childrens education is a very emotive issue and something most parents feel extremely stongly about. When the closure of Wisewood was being discussed I backed the capaign of parents to keep is open due to the possible detrimental effects of its closure on their childrens education.

With regard to the possible catchment changes then I support keeping the current catchments unchanged. Bradfield is the premier school in the area and will remain so until its exam results prove otherwise. It is therefore understandable that parents are keen for their children to attend Bradfield. However many parents in Stannington moved there to ensure their children attended this school; to change the siuation now is patently unfair.

1. I have sympathy for those who feel that they have earned the right, through history, to attend Bradfield School whilst living in Stannington. I too, had I bought a house in Stannington for school reasons, would now be worried and upset about the proposed changes.

2. Why do people keep quoting about rural areas losing their place, based on distance? I know this is the potential outcome of one of the Options but the council aren't stupid (no comments please) - they know these children need a school.

3. Despite all of the above I CANNOT see how people in Stannington can honestly say that it is right that their children PASS the children from 'north of marcliffe' catchment on their way to school. Environmentally, economically and for the good of the children, THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

Apologies in advance for the shouting but come on people!

BECAUSE YOU LIVE IN WPV:loopy: :loopy: :loopy: