The 0114 Area code

He insists sky have made an online mistake and numbers cannot begin with 3! Lol we'll see ;)

Send him this link and tell him to look at all the numbers.

http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/about/contact.php

This will prove once and for all.

There are several numbers I've had to ring recently that begin with 3. He just will never ever admit he was wrong, even with proof. Once this lines in, he will be right, it will have been me who said numbers cant start with 3. Always being right or being the best is a common aries male trait i believe!

oh dear i am very sorry i forgot the space in 0114 2 lol

i knew that, i had the argument with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. He gets annoyed when i read my number off as 0114-25..., and i hate when he says 01142-5...

But i know Im right although he won't have it!

Sorry Leah-Lacie, that post wasn't directed at you, i shouldn't have used your last post to quote from, it was just a post/observation about people in general who insist it's 01142 :D

Sorry Leah-Lacie, that post wasn't directed at you, i shouldn't have used your last post to quote from, it was just a post/observation about people in general who insist it's 01142 :D

my absolute pet hate when it comes to numbers, are shops with big signs saying either (01142) 75...

Or

Sheffield 755...

my absolute pet hate when it comes to numbers, are shops with big signs saying either (01142) 75...

Or

Sheffield 755...

Can think of a few that havent changed their signs since the number change. No excuse really.

He insists sky have made an online mistake and numbers cannot begin with 3! Lol we'll see ;)

I thought that, when I had my previous landline installed. It started with a 3. That was with talk talk :)

Can think of a few that havent changed their signs since the number change. No excuse really.

i suppose it would have done just fine for years to just have sheffield, or even without that, just the 58****. Anyone from sheffield would know it needed a 2. But now when 3 and 4 come in, and 2 is no longer standard or even the norm, then they'll be in trouble

I thought that, when I had my previous landline installed. It started with a 3. That was with talk talk :)

my talktalk line must have used the same number that the previous occupants had then, as it was 2, and not long ago x

I had a Sky line fitted just before xmas and starts 01143

Everyone always questions it when told though :hihi:

I remember a couple of shops that still displayed 5-digit phone numbers until recently: 65530 and 25517.

This number being Sheffields Area code. But is it only followed by 2? I thought the whole idea of giving cities the 4 digit area code was to take advantage of the extra number for combinations. But Sheffield hasnt seemed to impliment it. Ive been looking around recently and ive only seen 0114 2** etc... Considering over half a million people live in Sheffield surely they would be able to implement it. Anyone know why? Also some areas in S60 near the parkway have a Rotherham number of 01709 but its still classed as Sheffield. Why didnt they get given the 0114 number? does anyone also know how far the 0114 area code extends to because other cities it extends much further than the actual area of the city for example, Manchester and Liverpool. :?:

get a life