Looking for members of the Edge family

Hey burnttoast... hello.. we`re cousins . : )

Of course there was the evil Edge nominated in the rogues gallery as one of the nasty house mothers of Fullwood homes,not the worst but very close.Could she be a relation by any chance.40s to 50s ?

Lol, goodness me, no.

Hi, thanks, I just did. And hi again, after all these years. Do you remember who I am? I think we`re round about the same age, you and I. So sorry to know that your mum died. Mine has too, she died when I was 17.

Ok, some messages here. First, to SF,thankyou, simply for being there. Second, to Tinker ( on here ) who told me about SF in the first place, thankyou my friend, I love you loads and I owe you much. And thirdly, to Christine, happy birthday for yesterday, and welcome back,we`ve a lot of catching up to do.

Of course there was the evil Edge nominated in the rogues gallery as one of the nasty house mothers of Fullwood homes,not the worst but very close.Could she be a relation by any chance.40s to 50s ?

I don't think so. My father was in there late 30's early 40's,he married my mother whose maiden name was Edge. I'm sure if there had been a connection we would have known of it. He was very bitter about his treatment in that place.

Ok, some messages here. First, to SF,thankyou, simply for being there. Second, to Tinker ( on here ) who told me about SF in the first place, thankyou my friend, I love you loads and I owe you much. And thirdly, to Christine, happy birthday for yesterday, and welcome back,we`ve a lot of catching up to do.

Hi lolmob. Got my own post now. Let's keep in touch now we've found each other again.

I don't think so. My father was in there late 30's early 40's,he married my mother whose maiden name was Edge. I'm sure if there had been a connection we would have known of it. He was very bitter about his treatment in that place.

a little bit tongue in cheek,what house was your dad in ?i also was in #2 fm 39-46,Edge was house mother in # 1 Bull #2 &Millner #3 also known as the three witchers of Fullwood,no i'm not bitter but still looking for their graves i feel a little full and need to do them justice:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

There is a book available at The Sheffield Scene on Surrey St also at Waterstones in Orchard Square, by a man Called Ron Clayton and its a collection of photographs about Sheffield and in it is a photo of Dennis Edge along side a woman called Kath Russell, they are both working on pot forks Dennis is having a pull on his cigarette. I dont know how old he was when the picture was taken, probably in his twenties. The photo was taken at DONNELLYS cutlery firm that was situated on Portobello St just opposite St Georges Church.

There is a book available at The Sheffield Scene on Surrey St also at Waterstones in Orchard Square, by a man Called Ron Clayton and its a collection of photographs about Sheffield and in it is a photo of Dennis Edge along side a woman called Kath Russell, they are both working on pot forks Dennis is having a pull on his cigarette. I dont know how old he was when the picture was taken, probably in his twenties. The photo was taken at DONNELLYS cutlery firm that was situated on Portobello St just opposite St Georges Church.

Thanks Lazarus. I saw the photo some time ago and could hardly believe it at first that it was my uncle, Dennis Edge. So now I know my eyes were not deceiving me. I wonder if Dennis knows about it. I'm sure he'd be pleased as it is an excellent picture.