Sheffield in the 70's, What memories!

Terry Steeples talent shows at the Mucky Duck, a pint for the winner and two for the runner-up

discos at the timbertop shirecliffe road greasy veras afterwards.

i remember mi dad locking mi in mi room,fo' goin' ta schoil wit' skin 'ead, in mi dockers, braces & sherman shirt and a new tattoo, i was all of 14 yoa, must av looked a right sight.

after a couple of years as a "skin" i grew into a suade head, ben sherman shirt,braces ,two tone sta-press truosers, FLOURESENT socks, either a barathea jacket or crombie, with, loafer,broague or oxford shoes. pork pie hat and an umbrella to finish it all off

The old bus station (before it became the "Sheffield Interchange") in all its rundown glory...the nearby swimming baths with the ghastly Rolf Harris mural, where I used to take my young daughter to play in the children's pool (nicely warmed, oh yes I enjoyed that). Buying my first house in Sheffield, a semi in Crookesmoor for 2,500 pounds! Walking around the boarded-up houses in Blake St and beyond that were due to come down--you wouldn't believe the stuff that I found in deserted attics and cellars when I went on night-time raids!

The old bus station (before it became the "Sheffield Interchange") in all its rundown glory...the nearby swimming baths with the ghastly Rolf Harris mural, where I used to take my young daughter to play in the children's pool (nicely warmed, oh yes I enjoyed that). Buying my first house in Sheffield, a semi in Crookesmoor for 2,500 pounds! Walking around the boarded-up houses in Blake St and beyond that were due to come down--you wouldn't believe the stuff that I found in deserted attics and cellars when I went on night-time raids!

not very often some-one admits to being a burgler on sf :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

My goodness, I must be an old b*gger. I can remember them BUILDING the old bus station (1955) and a few years earlier my dad bought a 3-bedroom terraced house in Dykes Hall Road for £600...

^ wow... 1955... was born 54.

one of my fovourite places sheaf valley baths best ever should still be here, went of top splash but only once.

bubble cars. what were they all about, was that the 70s? maybe it was the sixties, im old and loosin mi marbles, anybody remember them!!!!

Oh, bubble cars... There weren't many around by the 1970s, but you would see them here and there in the 1960s, and probably a bit earlier. When hitch-hiking home from Cornwall in 1967 I had a lift in a Berkeley bubble car (I think it had two wheels at the front and one at the back) and it certainly wasn't new. There were also some Isetta and Messerschmitt bubble cars around, and I think there is actually a bubble car museum in Lincolnshire. Then there was the Fiat 500 which was bigger than a bubble car but smaller than a mini. There were plenty of those about in the 1970s.

bubble cars. what were they all about, was that the 70s? maybe it was the sixties, im old and loosin mi marbles, anybody remember them!!!!

:) i was told when i was a kid that the original bubble cars were german planes [the nose bit] converted to three wheelers [heinkels] the spoils of war.sounds about right dunnit,the yanks build apollo rockets & go to the moon & us brits build bubblecars-lol.