Sheffield in the 70's, What memories!

Anyone remember the boat ride in Crookes Valley Park?? And the rowing boats for hire, lol.

Caz x

There were also rowing boats for hire in Graves Park and at Forge Dam

Anyone remember the boat ride in Crookes Valley Park?? And the rowing boats for hire, lol.

Caz x

Yes - the motor boat went twice round the lake for 6d; it was called (predictably) "Queen Elizabeth II" - I wonder what happened to it. It must have disappeared at about the same time as the rowing boats. They were still there in 1968 when I worked nearby at the University.

These are from Mrs Nightwish as I didnt move to Sheffield until 89.

Silver Blades

ABC Sat Morning

Top Rank Discos Sat Morning

Sheaf Valley Swimming Baths (the queues when it first opened)

Millhouses Lido spent nearly all summer hols 76 in there.

The Fiesta

Redgates

Forge Dam Rowing boats they also had some in Millhouses Park

She says one mermory she has is the work men building the Hallamshire Hospital during 1976 were always sunbathing when ever she went past!

Fun Fairs in Endcliffe Park when it was 10p a ride!

The Beer Garden at the Prince Of Wales pub Ecclesall Road (why did they cover it over and spoil it).

Space dust, oral XXX, and losing my virginity to the lass behind the bar at the Penthouse:clap:

Also downstairs in the Nelson they had paintings of Rock Stars... Alice with a Boa.. but who else... Bowie?... maybe some obscure guitarist (R. Trower?????)

Come on, let us know!!

Mrs Nightwish says she remembers Robert Plant and Jimi Hendrix

I remember when topics reminiscing about days gone by were posted in the correct forums! :P

You Sad person. I bet you have 8 track vocals of star treck burnt on to a dvd and then coppied on to a real to real for that retro 70's sound then finds out that mommys put your socks in the wrong draw!!

You Sad person. I bet you have 8 track vocals of star treck burnt on to a dvd and then coppied on to a real to real for that retro 70's sound then finds out that mommys put your socks in the wrong draw!!

hay if you want real 70s rock nights go down the nelson they play records in there once a month

These are from Mrs Nightwish as I didnt move to Sheffield until 89.

Silver Blades

ABC Sat Morning

Top Rank Discos Sat Morning

Sheaf Valley Swimming Baths (the queues when it first opened)

Millhouses Lido spent nearly all summer hols 76 in there.

The Fiesta

Redgates

Forge Dam Rowing boats they also had some in Millhouses Park

She says one mermory she has is the work men building the Hallamshire Hospital during 1976 were always sunbathing when ever she went past!

Fun Fairs in Endcliffe Park when it was 10p a ride!

The Beer Garden at the Prince Of Wales pub Ecclesall Road (why did they cover it over and spoil it).

I remember all the above, plus

Samanthas nightclub

Malinki's cafe in firth park,

Long hot summers,

long white winters

beer at 15p apint sammanthas all nighter curry at the indus in fitzallan square

i can remember when beer went ta £1 a pint all my mates said they would stop drinking me included about 1986 anyone know better.

i can remember when beer went ta £1 a pint all my mates said they would stop drinking me included about 1986 anyone know better.

I don’t know about that but I can remember in the late seventies getting a pint of larger and half with lime and having change from a pound note or is my memory fading.

In the early 70s, beer was around 15p per pint and in Working Mens' Clubs, as low as 12p per pint. That, I think was as late as 1973.

I also remember getting ten pence per mile travel expenses for using my own car for work. That was very generous in those days.

In the early 70s, beer was around 15p per pint and in Working Mens' Clubs, as low as 12p per pint. That, I think was as late as 1973.

I also remember getting ten pence per mile travel expenses for using my own car for work. That was very generous in those days.

I couldn’t drink legally until 1978; I can remember get drinks for myself and my girlfriend and having change from a pound note to put in the Jukebox or Bandit.