The all things tattoo megathread

i no its a bit far but theres a good studio at skeggy who dose things like that iv seen sum ov ther portraits amd ther relly good dont no bout the prices tho

Dont ever have a tattoo at skeggy or any other seaside place for that matter.

Simon Grayson at Second to None in Masbrough Rotherham is one of the best artists around long waiting list though.

Mystic inks at woodhouse is also very good.

I just had my first sittig at Dragon Tattoo's up mansfield road. From the moment i walked in i was made welcome and i had Di take care of my design and cant wait to have it coloured in in a few weeks time

I don't think you can do this, purely because the black ink would show through, easily. From what I can remember, if you need a coverup that has black in it, the coverup would have to be black also.

Depends though. I have a link to a cover up of a dark tattoo. Before-

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=337012&id=100000202436861

After- http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=337014&id=100000202436861&fbid=127447487271998

Pretty good. Was thinking of a similar cover up. The tattoo is an old and small tribal. Want something bigger and more artistic over it. That after pic has given me alot more hope to get something nice designed that will cover it up well.

I think there are alot better inks being used now than say 10 years ago.

Depends though. I have a link to a cover up of a dark tattoo. Before-

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=337012&id=100000202436861

After- http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=337014&id=100000202436861&fbid=127447487271998

Pretty good. Was thinking of a similar cover up. The tattoo is an old and small tribal. Want something bigger and more artistic over it. That after pic has given me alot more hope to get something nice designed that will cover it up well.

I think there are alot better inks being used now than say 10 years ago.

I wasn't talking about covering it up with another tattoo image, the OP wanted to know if they could cover up purely using flesh coloured ink to make it look as if there was no tattoo there at all, and like I said, you can't do it.

Also, if you look on the completed Tattoo picture, you can still see it through the lighter colour. The darker ink in the coverup draws your attention away.

I wasn't talking about covering it up with another tattoo image, the OP wanted to know if they could cover up purely using flesh coloured ink to make it look as if there was no tattoo there at all, and like I said, you can't do it.

Also, if you look on the completed Tattoo picture, you can still see it through the lighter colour. The darker ink in the coverup draws your attention away.

Oh right I see, sorry I was skim reading through it. In that case it wouldnt be do-able.

Yeah obviously there is some darker ink showing, but considering the colours used in the cover up I dont think its too bad. Its much better than the before picture. If I didnt know it was a cover up I would have just thought it had some unusual shading.

Oh right I see, sorry I was skim reading through it. In that case it wouldnt be do-able.

Yeah obviously there is some darker ink showing, but considering the colours used in the cover up I dont think its too bad. Its much better than the before picture. If I didnt know it was a cover up I would have just thought it had some unusual shading.

It is a good cover-up, no denying that.

:)

they are really good there, i had 2 of my tat done there, good luck x

dose eneyone no if it herts on the foot i have cherry blosems dawn my back hip and leg but i want it 2 finish on my foot dose it hert

OMG!!! Foot art IS painful, I have ink round my belly button which I coped with really well just the usual scratchy sunburn feeling, then had one at the bottom of my back..slightly more painful over the bony spine...then had my foot inked with a lizard...jeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz, after the outline I thought I'd have to come back for a 2nd sitting as it was VERY painful, but gritted my teeth as I thought if I decide to come back I might not go thro' with it...it WAS worth it in the end...but I will not lie and say I enjoyed it...;)

Hi all,

I'm getting a Gaelic tattoo on both outer forearms. (Am fear nach gleidh na h-airm san t-sith, cha bhi iad aige 'n am a' chogaidh.)

I've seen these styles go very messy, so can anyone please recommend an experienced tattooist who always does a neat job.

Cheers guys, deeply appreciated.

Having a tattoo on my foot was not nearly as painful as having one on my back. The foot one was easy pain-wise. I suppose everyone is different.

Having a tattoo on my foot was not nearly as painful as having one on my back. The foot one was easy pain-wise. I suppose everyone is different.

I agree, bottom of my back hurt much more than my foot.

well the out line on my back dint hert the colourin relly hert n it dint hert dawn my leg but a lot of ppl sed it kills on the foot so dont no wot 2 do