Missing pics on camera...

biggsy

hi

i've a problem with my digi-cam in that, i've taken some pictures with it and when i put the camera into 'view' mode, there are loads of images which are just black and displaying a red box with a red cross inside from corner to corner (like the scottish flag).

i was told that it was because i'd used too much memory (though i once filled the card whilst in video mode with no ill effect) i backed up the pics onto cd then emptied the memory and it's still happening. it makes no mention of these in the manual.

the camera is a traveler 8.1 mp with a 512 mb sd card.

any ideas anyone??

possibly knackered sd card??

john:confused: :confused:

Probably. Have you tried formatting the card?

i've not tried that yet but i will when i transer some pix that i took yesterday (from the top of wharncliffe edge)onto photobucket.

thanks, john.

ps, even though these pics can't be viewed on the camera screen, they're there when brought up on the computer monitor:confused: :confused:

[quote name= ps' date=' even though these pics can't be viewed on the camera screen, they're there when brought up on the computer monitor:confused: :confused:[/quote]

Think the same thing happened to me on a large capacity card - ie the camera said the card was unuable, but I could still use my card-reader to put pics from it onto my computer. Mine was an SD card too, I think.

I never did find out what the problem was, so I guess this contribution is less than useful!

Archived