Most people probably know now that First bus drivers are on strike on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Here's a link: http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/yorkhumber/southyorkshire/news/news.php?item=199

What kind of chaos will this cause? I normally use the tram in a morning, which is busy enough already. It'll probably be packed to the rafters this week :(

Tell you what.... for £15 I'll take you to work Monday n Tuesday!!! :P

Damn... I'll really miss their friendly attitude :lol::P

I apologise if anyone on here is a bus driver... but I feel that the majority of Bus Drivers are complete w******s. They pull out into the road from the bus stop without a care for what cars are passing. They just flick in the indicator and start to pull out. I know a bus has the right of (according to the highway code) but that doesn't give them the right to drive dangerously.

And they VERY VERY rarely let in regular car drivers into a flow of traffic!

Winds me right up! :evil:

Therefore strike action will take place on Saturday 7th, Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th June. No First services in South Yorkshire will operate on these dates.

Oh my God!!!! Noooooooooo!!!! Its mine & my boyfriend's 8 months! We were planning to go out! This is terrible! :cry:

If it's that special then splash out on a taxi... :lol:

Originally posted by "caprice"

Oh my God!!!! Noooooooooo!!!! Its mine & my boyfriend's 8 months! We were planning to go out! This is terrible! :cry:

Congrats to you and the home boy but it looks like you'll either be traming or walking on Monday then pet! :headbang:

If it's that special then splash out on a taxi...

Can't afford a taxi.... need shoes :lol:

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Damn... I'll really miss their friendly attitude :lol::P

There used to be a bus driver on my local route who'd let most of the regulars on for free. He'd also take diversions and shortcuts, drop people off outside their houses, even if it wasn't a bus stop, and stop the bus outside the newsagents while he went in to buy a paper.

I think he got sacked, though :(

Originally posted by "caprice"

Can't afford a taxi.... need shoes :lol:

Typical woman :P

It's a good job I haven't got anything planned for the weekend.. First is the only bus service that runs in my local area.