Sign in to follow this  

Website Design Opinions

the pages seem fine, don't personally like the jumpy bits inbetween... the rest is clear and easy to read etc..

Its a bit ermmm frantic! I know its Flash but not everything has to move! Other than that the layout, icons and text is very good :D

The actual size of the area used is way too small.

The rectangle area used is not centralised.

The backdrop shape behind 'garments' 'links' etc ... looks crap.

Jamie - The space is 600 x 500.

760 x 420 is the max resolution to be fully visable on 800 x 600 monitor, without going all unfriendly and making it full screen.

People dont mind scrolling down, but across, ew.

Seen as target audience using this site will more than likley working in 800 x 600 resolution, it seems sensible to keep it that small.

The rectangle (space used) will be centralised on the final design.

As for the background... why does it look 'crap' what element makes it 'crap'. You cant just say that and not explain... well you can... but its not very helpful ;)

evildrneil - I wanted to make it frantic, beacuse looking at a 100s of white products can be quite boring for some. I threw in action to keep you awake. I understand how it could annoy some though.

Neeeeeeeee... ... e... k - By the jumpy bits... do u mean the bit that Jamie refered to as 'crap'? If so damn... cos i really like that bit.

Quite a sophisticated website, though as others said a bit jumpy.

Just the one thing though...spotted a spelling/typing error, 'Saftey Specs' presumably should be 'Safety', unless of course it's a brand name and I'm the one who's mistaken!

Good luck tweaking it all though!

Thanks for the info isha. I always spell safety wrong... well usually ;)

when you say its jerky. do u mean like it looks like its missing animation frames out?

Why is the telephone number upside down?

Originally posted by Lickable

As for the background... why does it look 'crap' what element makes it 'crap'. You cant just say that and not explain... well you can... but its not very helpful ;)

Sorry Lickable ... the builders from hell have got me feeling all unhelpful !!

The crap bit I was refering to was on the menu where you have the 5 items (about contact garments products links).

When the text for these 5 items fades / slides in to view ... the text is fine ... but it is on a little yellow oval-ish shape.

I simply mean that the yellow oval shape looks irregular.

Small point I guess ...

I would also say it feels a bit cluttered generally ... simple and elegant is good.

Hope that's helpful :-)

its the jumpy between screen bits with stuff flying around the screen that I don't like... you seem to be in the monirity looking at the replies!!

I guess it's the same bit as Jamie refered to..

Thanks Jamie and Neee....eee..eeeeek (cant be bothered counting the e's)

I know that the flashy bit wouldnt be appealing to all, but i am afraid that stays. The yellow around the text though... Flash heaven for them!

Far too much emphasis on animation. That usually means the content is poor.

Don't forget those people who don't have Flash enabled computer systems and other browsers which might not be able to play Flash animations.

I've just been away and connected to the net with my laptop and Nokia 8210 and 9600BPS - it was a nightmare, even with pictures, sounds and animation turned off. Ebay was the worst because the buttons were all images and without it turned on you couldn't see where to click!