Sponsorship help required

Nomme - got the digital camera sorted (well almost) so expect a link to appear on here with a few pics of a very sore DD.

DB - No probs. Glad you are contributing to a great cause and I'll not hold it against you that you won't be sponsoring me! ;) I can't think of another charity for you to contribute to on my behalf, but instead you could help by forwarding the link to my site to as many of your friends as possible.

Whats the difference between paying with paypal and paying with justgiving? Excuse me for my ignorance, but I've never used paypal before!!

I can pay you with Paypal, as i have money in my PayPal account. I can't pay you with justGiving, as i don't have any money on my cards, as i am incredibly poor (no joke). :(

Originally posted by Dick Dastardly

Whats the difference between paying with paypal and paying with justgiving? Excuse me for my ignorance, but I've never used paypal before!!

Just sent you plight to our plus magazine editor Martin.

It has a lot of hurdles to get through before it's agreed if it will or not go in. Also they wotn allow sponsorship requests in the story, they'll only cover the story as an after event.

However 90,000 people knowing what you've done for charity aint bad i'd say mate ;)

Cheers DB. I guess you will give me a shout if all goes well for the plus thing?

LittleWitch - Still confused over Paypal. When you pay someone via the paypal account does that money then get transferred to the recipients account upon receipt? :confused:

Yes.

PayPal works almost like a third person. So I give my money to that person, and they then give it to you. It's a very secure way of transfering money from banks account to bank account.

Ok, I will try and set up an account now. Might not be up and running until tomorrow though as computers are real slow here and no doubt it will take until morning for confirmation email to filter through.

Yay! thanks, DD. :thumbsup:

I would expect more Forum members to cough up a quid or two now, as loads will no doubt have PayPal accounts with the odd few quid languishing around in them. :D

All

I will have a Paypal account set up very shortly so if you want to sponsor me via Paypal then please give me a shout.

Thanks,

Mart.

Anyone else got any ideas where I can get some extra sponsorship? I've organised a press release for Rotherham Star, hoping to get my story in my department's magazine, sent sponsor forms out to almost everyone I know and harrassed you guys. Still need to raise £1000 on top of what I've already raised before I will finally shut up ;) well, at least until I run the London marathon next year that is!!!