The work in progress thread

kittenta

'Lo. I am currently covering the cushion of my friend's kitchen stool in zebra fabric and adding ears and a tail. It just has to go on the legs now. Rather childish I know but funny in a daft way. My friend asked me to make her one after she saw what I'd done to my desk chair (it has cow hair and horns. No udder). Will get photos up sometime so people can admire/ridicule (delete as appropriate).

I've got a couple of "Works in Progress", ATM, I'm 99.99% finished on a pair of socks I'm knitting for D-W, I'm just struggling with something called "Kitchener Stitch" to close the last dozen or so stitches on the toes of them. I can't gett o grips with it.

I've started a pair for myself, too, I'm only a few inches in, on the first sock.

I'm making another baby blanket for my nephew, it's one of those where you knit in a sort of triangle, starting with 4 stitches, and increasing at the Beg of every row, till it's the right width, then decrease one at each end till it's back to the three stitches again.

The socks, I'm really pleased with, I think they've turned out really well. (thanks, jill, for your help with the heel, BTW! :thumbsup:)

'Lo. I am currently covering the cushion of my friend's kitchen stool in zebra fabric and adding ears and a tail. It just has to go on the legs now. Rather childish I know but funny in a daft way. My friend asked me to make her one after she saw what I'd done to my desk chair (it has cow hair and horns. No udder). Will get photos up sometime so people can admire/ridicule (delete as appropriate).

Oh that sounds wonderful :D Something my kids would like lol

I've got a couple of "Works in Progress", ATM, I'm 99.99% finished on a pair of socks I'm knitting for D-W, I'm just struggling with something called "Kitchener Stitch" to close the last dozen or so stitches on the toes of them. I can't gett o grips with it.

I've started a pair for myself, too, I'm only a few inches in, on the first sock.

I'm making another baby blanket for my nephew, it's one of those where you knit in a sort of triangle, starting with 4 stitches, and increasing at the Beg of every row, till it's the right width, then decrease one at each end till it's back to the three stitches again.

The socks, I'm really pleased with, I think they've turned out really well. (thanks, jill, for your help with the heel, BTW! :thumbsup:)

I wish I could make socks, I can never find any without holes in :hihi:

If you need any help with knitting ideas etc try out the knitting group :thumbsup: (if you haven't already)

Let us know how the blanket comes along :thumbsup:

I wish I could make socks, I can never find any without holes in :hihi:

If you need any help with knitting ideas etc try out the knitting group :thumbsup: (if you haven't already)

Let us know how the blanket comes along :thumbsup:

well, it's many, many thanks to Jill, at the Woolbaa, with whom I spent the afternoon trying to come to grips with this bloomin' "Kitchener Stitch". (*tears hair out*)

I now have a finished pair of handsome socks, for my chap they look fabulous... and I have to say,

"ah'm REYT proud on' em!"

well, it's many, many thanks to Jill, at the Woolbaa, with whom I spent the afternoon trying to come to grips with this bloomin' "Kitchener Stitch". (*tears hair out*)

I now have a finished pair of handsome socks, for my chap they look fabulous... and I have to say,

"ah'm REYT proud on' em!"

Well done, practice makes perfect :D