Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor?

Hiya!

I'm a rather reluctant late-twenties year old who still cannot drive - should really have started when I was younger (braver AND had access to parents' cars) but as the years have rolled on, I've become more and more anxious about the whole responsibility of it - my thinking currently is along the lines of "Oh my God! I'm gonna kill someone! And what if a rabbit's in my way? I'd rather swerve and do untold unintentional damage to another car/person than deliberately plow down a bunny!" ...

BUT I do really need to learn now, despite no longer having access to a car. Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor? Someone who's unlikely to get too impatient with me? As cheap as poss, also, coz I'll have to be taking intensive lessons given the 'no car' situation.

Thanks in advance for any help ye can offer!

SORRY! Forgot to do the pre-threading search - IGNORE ME!

I am learning to drive. My lessons cost £18 for an hour, which is the cheapest I could find. I am quite a nervous driver and I think its going to take a while. I am learning with Crossroads, they have a website, my instructor is nice. I was learning with someone else, but he was very negative and told me I wasn't getting anywhere, whereas my current instructor seems to always say something positive at the end of the lesson and is patient.

Hiya!

I'm a rather reluctant late-twenties year old who still cannot drive - should really have started when I was younger (braver AND had access to parents' cars) but as the years have rolled on, I've become more and more anxious about the whole responsibility of it - my thinking currently is along the lines of "Oh my God! I'm gonna kill someone! And what if a rabbit's in my way? I'd rather swerve and do untold unintentional damage to another car/person than deliberately plow down a bunny!" ...

BUT I do really need to learn now, despite no longer having access to a car. Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor? Someone who's unlikely to get too impatient with me? As cheap as poss, also, coz I'll have to be taking intensive lessons given the 'no car' situation.

Thanks in advance for any help ye can offer!

SORRY! Forgot to do the pre-threading search - IGNORE ME!

Just a quick question - if you were learning to parachute, would you also want to have the cheapest possible lessons?

As more people die in car accidents than any other kind of accident, is it really wise to be looking for a cheap driving instructor?

That few pounds extra a lesson over the course of 10/15 lessons wont make that much difference in cost, but it may in your ability to drive properley.

Hi I`m a driving instructor my prices are £17.00 p/h first lesson is free discount for block booking 10 £160.00. for more info see my website http://www.paulbennett-schoolofmotoring.co.uk or telephone 0114 2348374.

one piece of information I always give to people looking for lessons is to make sure that the instructor holds a green badge and that it is displayed in the front windscreen this badge shows that they are fully qualified someone with a pink badge is training and still has to sit the final test, anyone without a badge is not qualified and breaking the law.

Archived