The New Smoking Laws - when?

Thats ok then, you carry on.

Did you know that you produce more CO2 by walking a mile than my car does by driving it? You carry on. ;)

You produce a **** load more of it by smoking, too. Still worried about global warming? You don't seem to be...

Try not to hurt yourself, falling off that high horse of yours ;)

He did indeed, but the post was obviously aimed at me, which inferred (to me at least) that he mistakenly believed cars that use a lot of fuel are all dirty.

If we're talking purely about cars that are 'dirty', I can't think of any. Crappy old buses that visibly throw manky smoke onto the street - yes, but thankfully there aren't many of those, and the number reduces all the time as they go out of service. :)

I don't actually think it was aimed at you, there was no quote in the reply, but if you felt it was then fair enough...he did say any non smoker though.

There are still plenty of dirty cars on the planet, just not so many in this country.

Soo...the lack of Ozone over NZ and Australia has never given anyone terminal skin cancer?

Interesting thought.

For the record, I'm not disputing which kills more people, just the fact that you think Ozone layer depletion hasn't killed anyone.

I know ozone layer delpetion hasn't killed anyone. Skin cancer, due to people no protecting themselves may have. If there is an increased risk of harm due to the ozone layer being depleted (although IIRC some scientists believe it may be recovering, which is good news) then increased measures should be taken against that risk, but you can't claim 'ozone layer depletion kills'.

Even if you could, I'm sure smoking related deaths outweigh sunburn related deaths by so huge a margin that they're almost insignificant (statistically).

I know ozone layer delpetion hasn't killed anyone. Skin cancer, due to people no protecting themselves may have. If there is an increased risk of harm due to the ozone layer being depleted (although IIRC some scientists believe it may be recovering, which is good news) then increased measures should be taken against that risk, but you can't claim 'ozone layer depletion kills'.

I can, I have, and I stand by it.

Even if you could, I'm sure smoking related deaths outweigh sunburn related deaths by so huge a margin that they're almost insignificant (statistically).

Now I think you're not even reading my posts properly....