Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking - it worked for me...

Only the other week a well known forumer PMd me to say he had discovered the thread, bought the book and 'stopped just like that!'

He also said he had got quite evangelical about it and bought three more copies for friends. :D

It gets you that way :)

Draggle

.... and I've not had a relapse either Draggletail! :thumbsup:

Having been a 5 cigars a day man for in excess of 30 years, it's not surprising that occasionally I think about smoking. I just dismiss this idea from my mind, or follow Allen Carr's technique of congratulating myself for being free of this mug's game at long last.

In the first couple of weeks, I found it helpful to re-read certain chapters, which helped re-inforce my decision to stop smoking - but, astonishingly, I actually knew I was an ex-smoker by the time I'd read the last chapter. I haven't calculated the days or months since I last smoked, or the money I've saved by not buying cigars. There simply is no need for that kind of reinforcement. I've stopped smoking. Simple and straightforward.

Also, nobikejohn and I called into a favourite pub of ours in Manchester, after we'd been to Chinatown to celebrate my birthday in April. This would be about a month after I'd read Allen Carr's book and stopped smoking. It was just before we departed that I realised I'd never even thought of having a cigar in the pub - something I'd have done automatically in the past.

I found this book amazing. Best wishes to all who are following the Allen Carr method of stopping smoking. :thumbsup:

Guest Pauly

Sounds like a good book to me. :D I won't be reading it as I've never been a smoker but if I hear of anyone who really wants to give up I'll recommend it.

My dad has been smoke-free since Feb 22nd this year when he was hypnotised. He hasn't wanted a smoke since. :D

My dad has been smoke-free since Feb 22nd this year when he was hypnotised. He hasn't wanted a smoke since. :D

Yes but unfortunatly he can't remember the number seven anymore and he barks like a dog whenever the doorbell rings!

Guest Pauly
Yes but unfortunatly he can't remember the number seven anymore and he barks like a dog whenever the doorbell rings!

Hilarious :roll:

• 1 month later...

yeah, my bf texted me but I thought it was one of those sick jokes and I didn't believe him. I initially couldn't find it anywhere on the t'internet but it seems to be true sadly. Lets hope they caught it early enough.

• 3 months later...

Sadly, Allen Carr has died.

Who knows - I may even owe that guy my life......

An anti-smoking guru who has helped millions of smokers kick the habit has died from lung cancer.

Allen Carr, 72, quit his 100-a-day habit 23 years ago, before going on to become a millionaire by advising people on how to stop smoking.

His books, about the Easyway method, have become international bestsellers and he ran clinics all over the world......

Full BBC news story

Archived