Teenagers and young people in general

Who finds them annoying and rude and loud? When it goes dark they all seem to come out and hang around on corners, why do they just hang around, even when its throwing it down with rain. I will probably get some nasty comments on this but I dont care, some will agree, some wont, say what you will, but dont you think they should all be caught by the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang and only let out when they are adults.:suspect:

I agree to an extent- the rude ones are the ones you always see because the nice ones are at home or doing something that generally keeps them occupied doing something more productive than guzzling cider and smoking mayfair on street corners!

Yes, it's also intimidating when they hang out in gangs at night time. I know most of them are innocent but there are some that are up to no good.

when i was a teen I was not very popular at school, but one night I was invited by the 'cool' kids to graves park to drink cider nd smoke cigarettes.

I went - got bored - got cold - realised how stupid these so called 'cool' kids were and rung my dad to come and pick me up. went home and did my homework.

I agree these kids that hang around in parks etc - they need to have a curfew

when i was a teen I was not very popular at school, but one night I was invited by the 'cool' kids to graves park to drink cider nd smoke cigarettes.

I went - got bored - got cold - realised how stupid these so called 'cool' kids were and rung my dad to come and pick me up. went home and did my homework.

I agree these kids that hang around in parks etc - they need to have a curfew

haha me too I thought it was pants!! I was damp and miserable

What else can they do? Where is there for them to go? They want to hang out and talk, fair enough, can't communities find somewhere for them to do this?

And please don't start the 'well we gave them the church hall and a pool table to use' issue. I am talking about proper facilities for the youth of today.

Once there are facilities for teenagers to use, if they still are rude and loud then we can start the 'rude and loud teenagers' debate.

Hey, not all of us are bad! :P

But must admit, the majority are. I live in an area where we get those little motorbike things going up and down the road constantly for about 2hrs at about 2-3pm. Sometimes can even hear them roaring past 9pm at night. And none of them wear helmets or protective gear.

I guess the only way they can have some sense knocked into them is by actually falling off the bike and hurting themselves.

Most teenagers who hang around on the streets are very intimidating. I agree, there's not much out there for them to do but then the responsibility should be with the parents. I've got 2 babies, a boy and a girl, and I dread the day they start wanting to go out.

I know, I was almost hit by a firework the other night!! It was about 3 meters away from me and thrown from a park onto the main road.

I'm only 18, and cannot believe what some kids who are around 2 years younger, or even my age, get upto, its stupid!

My hairdresser had a great idea. She reckons they should be able to use gyms and leisure facilities more. At the moment, not all children can afford to go.

I agree to an extent- the rude ones are the ones you always see because the nice ones are at home or doing something that generally keeps them occupied doing something more productive than guzzling cider and smoking mayfair on street corners!

I agree with princess! I am sick to the back teeth of being tarred with the same brush as the few idiots who give teenagers a bad name! Granted, I am a slightly older teen (18 ), but I know as well as most people that its not the majority of teenagers whose sole aim in life is to get drunk on street corners

I DO NOT condone the behaviour of these individuals, but people have got to realise that only a small percentage of teenagers behave in this way! I have recently completed my A Level course with good grades and am currently enjoying a gap year, I have never (purposely) intimidated old ladies or repeatedly smashed bus shelter glass, yet the media focus on the disgusting behaviour of that small percentage.

It's the same in school, the bad pupils get rewards when they behave well for one day, while students like myself get no recognition for years of hard work. I try not to let it bother me too much however, as guess who'll have the last laugh when she graduates?:D

A while back a little old lady was walking ahead of me on the street and it was plain that she was terrified of myself and my boyfriend, which made me feel extremley guilty for something I haven't actually done! I understand completely why she would be wary of teenagers, however I think it's sad that it has to be like that...

Sorry, rant over lol

Fireworks should have a legal age limit of 21 and if you look younger ID should be asked for. It's an accident waiting to happen. It's lunacy that anyone would get a ick out of throwing a firework at some innocent.:rant: