Are children allowed to go on Sheffield Forum?

My daughter was wondering if children should be alowed on sheffield fourum.

Personally i think yes they should but it would be better if they had a seperate one for children so then they cant see any rude words or anything like that. whats your opinion?:thumbsup::confused::):cool::D:P;):huh:

We are a family friendly forum, so all of the forum should be suitable for youngsters as well as adults.

If you see anything that you think is inappropriate, please use the report facility to bring it to our attention.

It would be nice to hear a young persons oppinion on some things.:thumbsup:

It would be nice to hear a young persons oppinion on some things.:thumbsup:

lol - Oh sheshe you are so PC :hihi: "young person". ;)

Personally i think yes they should but it would be better if they had a seperate one for children so then they cant see any rude words or anything like that. whats your opinion?:thumbsup::confused::):cool::D:P;):huh:

I would advise against it. It is not the place for children.

lol - Oh sheshe you are so PC :hihi: "young person". ;)

Have to be careful not to get into trouble with.....any brigade:hihi:

Hi,

The general approach on SF is to make the place as family friendly as possible BUT parents need to be aware that, like the Internet in general, users on here may encounter material that they wouldn't want to have their children read.

We do not run a 'children's section' and we're not going to. there are too many issues around ensuring the age of users, etc. and we're not willing to go there.

There are some threads on here that may be a little 'risque' and would require 'parental supervision'. the Mdoerating team will apply the Forum Rules about Acceptable Content, language, etc. but because Moderating is 'reactive' - i.e. the Mods see posts after they've been put on the Forum - there is always the chance that soemthing may sneak on to SF that we're not happy with.

How old is she, and would you let her hear mild expletives on the TV? Obscenities are filtered out, but references to some iffy subjects are rampant when the lads - and some lasses - are on.:)

We try very hard to make SF family friendly so yes, children are welcome but there are obvious parental issues for people to consider. We have to balance this family friendly outlook with the topics that we discuss, many of which are quite adult by nature (and I don't mean x-rated adult).

We remove out bad language, offensive posts, bullying, abuse and some of the more puerile threads, but we do try to keep the flow going. It's quite a trick to manage and we don't always get it right, but I do think that the Mod Team does a pretty good job on the whole!

Quite simply we endeavour to make sure that SF is suitable for viewing in the average family living room.