Takapuna - biggest rip off bar ever.

I agree Meeks - £3 for that ????!! Its like im back in London all of a sudden.....

I heard a rumour that a bottle of Magners is £6 in Pravda ??? :o Surely not ?

fairly irrelevant now. but for the record all the 500-568ml ciders were £3.

particularly the absolutely wonderful Kopperberg Pear Ciders...

Christ, if you think that's expensive, you should go to Pacha. I ordered 2 San Miguels, a vodka and red bull and a bottle of water, and it came to 45 euros!

I agree Meeks - £3 for that ????!! Its like im back in London all of a sudden.....

£6.50 Acutally

Damned right we're cheapo. Why not? I like getting wasted for as little as poss when I'm out. Certainly don't have to be in an expensive bar to enjoy ourselves. Hence the mention of flares, union and corp lol.

If you want to get wasted for as little as possible, buy a bottle of cheap vodka from Netto and some panda cola and drink it at home.

Christ, if you think that's expensive, you should go to Pacha. I ordered 2 San Miguels, a vodka and red bull and a bottle of water, and it came to 45 euros!

And Priviledge is even more expensive than that....... :(

Had never been there before until last night but we decided to look in. Walked up to the door they wanted £4 just to get into the bar so we thought we'd go across the round. Door manager comes running out saying we'll let you in for £2. We thought yeh that sounds reasonable. My mate decided to get our drinks in: -

1 JD n Coke

4 Orange Reefs

.........£15

Same round at most decent places would of been under £10.

Anyone else go there? I won't be again lol. :loopy:

This post is the funniest thing i have read today. I don't think that £3 a drink is so unreasonable on a Friday night in a big(gish) city centre. You would probably be better off going "across the round" whatever that means. I assume you mean to reflex where all the cool people hang out drinking alcopops whilst dancing to the original versions of current commercial dance tracks.

Takapuna do some really good offers midweek, and at weekends until 9pm, though i don't think reef is covered mate, but vodka and orange is £1.50.

Excuse me while i get down from my high horse, sorry about that.

Had never been there before until last night but we decided to look in. Walked up to the door they wanted £4 just to get into the bar so we thought we'd go across the round. Door manager comes running out saying we'll let you in for £2. We thought yeh that sounds reasonable. My mate decided to get our drinks in: -

1 JD n Coke

4 Orange Reefs

.........£15

Same round at most decent places would of been under £10.

Anyone else go there? I won't be again lol. :loopy:

under a tenna for that round? let me know where you normally go, for 5 drinks 15 quid aint that bad!

You should only ever buy bottles of anything if they are on offer, you will always be mercilessly ripped off otherwise.

reef - i'm sure i use that as my toilet descaler.........

This post is the funniest thing i have read today. I don't think that £3 a drink is so unreasonable on a Friday night in a big(gish) city centre. You would probably be better off going "across the round" whatever that means. I assume you mean to reflex where all the cool people hang out drinking alcopops whilst dancing to the original versions of current commercial dance tracks.

Takapuna do some really good offers midweek, and at weekends until 9pm, though i don't think reef is covered mate, but vodka and orange is £1.50.

Excuse me while i get down from my high horse, sorry about that.

I meant road :P lol. Takapuna ain't the type of place I'd normally go as the music sucks for me. Can take cheesy pop at most, but RnB does my nut if there for too long lol.

Anyway, it isn't just me who thinks the place is a rip off on weekends. Atleast I'm not alone in being a tighta*** lol.

reef - i'm sure i use that as my toilet descaler.........

Yep it gives a nice zesty fresh smell which lasts all week long.