Jessops Wing - Visiting hours?

Mick3330

Our lass is due any time now. My question(s) is:

If she gives birth at say 9pm, what time can I stay till.

As above but 2am and so on?

Your advice would be appreciated.

it's usually the case that there is near enough open visiting for the father / mum's birthing partner if the father is not around

the STH website doesn't appear to give the visiting times information for the jessop wing but does give phone numbers for the wards

http://www.sth.nhs.uk/about/1-2-4-phonewards.php

well when ur missus is giving birth u can stay with her as long as it takes, the nurse offered me a matress when i was there with the other half, it took that long lol try and keep your calm with the nurses as they can get really annoying when your lass has given birth they normally give u a couple of hours with the little un never mind what time it is, then they ask u to go so ur missus and baby can have a bath and some rest.

hope it helps in some way lol

They don't seem to chuck partners out... well, ever!

I wouldn't worry too much. They even let one young girl's boyfriend stay with her in their own private side room because she was upset at being left... although she was only about 14, so maybe that was an exceptional circumstance!!!

We went in with our first at 2am. he was born at 9.16, went up to the ward at 11am, and i left about 11.30ish, got a bit of kip then was back at 4pm.

I left that night at 11pm ish, but could have stayed longer. They dont tend to ask the father's to leave. Other wise the visiting hours are 4pm til 8pm.

i think that if you happen to be put in a private room you can stay as late as you like, but i might be wrong. certainly when i stayed in for a night before the babby was born they didn't kick my other half out, he left of his own volition at about 2am. that, however, wasn't in the labour ward.