Anyone lived on Talbot Street

:thumbsup::

Sounds like they could be the same Bielawskis who have the family run car upholstery business ,through the generations, on Beverley St , near Don Valley.

Must be same family, they upholstered cars from Talbot St

The Bielawski's lived at No 7 Talbot Place, 2 houses away from the house that my grandparents rented (No.3). My parents, brother and I lived in a small downstairs room in No.3. until 1950 when we moved to the Stradbroke estate. Times were tough just after the war. Manor Lane School was my very first Primary School. I think the headmistress was Miss. Horner. I think my time around that part of the Park district preceded most of those who have written on this thread. The home I lived in still stands (last time I visited) but alas, much of Talbot Place has been absorbed into the City Rd/ Duke St throughway.

Hi Jackie4456! Did your maiden name begin & end with the letter "N?" Remember ginger Julie & Rowena? Plus 1 Mr. L Saville & Joe Charriot? Then you may remember the youth club & dancing to T Rex? Your black all-in-one ruched hotpants were soooo cool!- Suzy Q.

Phil B - Did you know the twins from Duke St? -and a certain Mr Race? Think you took one of my mates out - Helen?

To find Farm Bank Rd Go on Talbot st to the juction of what was Norfolk Rd South St and Shrewsbury Rd Turn left and go on Norfolk rd to where Fitzwalter Rd crosses it Turn right down Fitzwalter Rd to the bottom You are now on Granville Rd Turn right down Granville Rd Farm Bank Rd is the first road on the right. 10 mins walk from Talbot St By any chance does the name Rains (raynes) I knew a Bessie Raynes and a Regie Raynes. Regie was shot down over Germeny Does it mean any thing to you,the name I mean

Hi milted. My Grandmother's maiden name was Harriet

Raynes. She lived on Granville St, then moved into Parkhill flats.

Phil B - Did you know the twins from Duke St? -and a certain Mr Race? Think you took one of my mates out - Helen?

Hi SuzyQ, welcome to SF. Remember the twins, they lived a couple of doors down from me. Not certain about Mr Race though. As far as Helen goes, er well not sure, you any more details? :blush:

Hi SuzyQ, welcome to SF. Remember the twins, they lived a couple of doors down from me. Not certain about Mr Race though. As far as Helen goes, er well not sure, you any more details? :blush:

;) You must remember Marie in the fruitshop around there then?

Twins - John & Neil, the "Helen" was Ms Wragg, if that means anything? Steve Race, I think lived on Manor Oaks? I was a "Park Wallah" for 20yrs.

Hello Peterdo,Greetings from the old country Yes, I knew Granville St very well Did your realation have any conection with he Raynesfamily who lived next door to us at no 7 Norfolk, I knew Reggie(killed over Germany1943)and his sister Bessie and Mrs Raynes1936to1945 Long time ago

;) You must remember Marie in the fruitshop around there then?

Twins - John & Neil, the "Helen" was Ms Wragg, if that means anything? Steve Race, I think lived on Manor Oaks? I was a "Park Wallah" for 20yrs.

Was born on Duke St and there from 1950 to 71, knew a lot of folk from Manor Oaks Road (Hampton St as it was). Eemember Brain Taylor, had a sister called think it was Lynn? John and Neil, yes knew them, how about Mrs Wilkes in sweet shop?

Hi Jackie4456! Did your maiden name begin & end with the letter "N?" Remember ginger Julie & Rowena? Plus 1 Mr. L Saville & Joe Charriot? Then you may remember the youth club & dancing to T Rex? Your black all-in-one ruched hotpants were soooo cool!- Suzy Q.

HI Suzy Q. Yes my maiden name did begin with N. I can remember everyone you've said. Did you knock about with us? If so let me know who you are with PM. Those were the good old days, black hot pants and all.