What Supermarket do you shop at and why?

Waitrose, it's the only option.

Morrisons is awful, especially anything that they claim is fresh. It's just for families with too many kids that eat frozen crap 24/7.

Tesco is expensvie and I can never find anything I want to eat.

Scummerfield.. Say no more!

M&S is overpriced and you have to que behind some coffin-dodger counting out 2 pence pieces while waiting to die.

Sainsbury's sells average food and far too orange.

Opps, forgot Adsa. Same as morrisons, but not quite as bad.

Waitrose, it's the only option.

Morrisons is awful, especially anything that they claim is fresh. It's just for families with too many kids that eat frozen crap 24/7.

Tesco is expensvie and I can never find anything I want to eat.

Scummerfield.. Say no more!

M&S is overpriced and you have to que behind some coffin-dodger counting out 2 pence pieces while waiting to die.

Sainsbury's sells average food and far too orange.

Yeh Somerfield, thats the bottom of the pile, just below Morrisons. M&S stuff is always good though, even if you're behind a queue of while haired old ladies.

I'd just like to know where I can get a nice piece of sirloin steak, like we used to have 20 years ago. Where have all the butchers gone?

Since I don't have a car, I mainly shop where it's convenient, and fortunately that's Waitrose!! Either that or Tesco or Sainsburys. Never been a big fan of Morrisons.

I tend to try and buy fresh stuff from Waitrose, but stuff like washing powder and loo rolls often come from tesco - home delivery, and normally cheaper than Waitrose.

To answer the question of the thread, the reason I prefer shopping in Waitrose is the quality and variety and it's the only decent sized supermarket I can walk to.

I like their ethical trading, lots of British produce, and the recent addition of a section for locally produced fruit and veg.

Before anyone attacks people for shopping in Waitrose because they think it is expensive, please don't. There is a massive thread already about it. It's my choice how I spend my money, and I think Waitrose fresh foods offer good value, and they have a good selection of unusual foods.

Yeh Somerfield, thats the bottom of the pile, just below Morrisons. M&S stuff is always good though, even if you're behind a queue of while haired old ladies.

I'd just like to know where I can get a nice piece of sirloin steak, like we used to have 20 years ago. Where have all the butchers gone?

I don't really like M&S. It always seems overpackaged, the food is full of additives and colouring and the till queues are massive. And I think it's expensive, and despite their "dribbled over the nipples of nuns" etc advertising I don't think the quality is great.

You get what you pay for Penny_Crayon. It always looks to me like Morrisons customers have trolley fulls of Magners Cider, long life bread and cheap beefburgers, usually with a kid called Brandon or Page ... yuk!!!!

I agree, but I think I get better quality for my money at Waitrose.

Also, I said in my earlier post please don't criticise me for shopping in Waitrose, but equally can we please not be horrible to those who shop in other places? People have the right to choose how they spend their money, and quite honestly if I had 5 kids I don't think I could afford to shop in Waitrose a lot either. I still wouldn't buy cheap burgers though (although possibly the Magners!).

That wasn't aimed at you John, just a general comment. sorry.

Archived