Kickboxing Fight Night, Friday 15th September 2006 Updates

chefkicker

"I'll use my roundhouse to pound you down,

Even my spouse would turn your draws brown,

Stop you dead with a frown, underneath my crown,

I'm a king in an' outta this town.

Might sound like a pri*k but i'm actually sound!

But if this were boxing you wouldn't escape the first round!"

Jazzy B

Hee, hee - takes me back to my youth, rapping against the yanks on Def Jam.

Killer! :hihi:

Ahem ,... ok then.

Here is a blow by blow account of the fights (anything to change the topic back to what it should be )

FIGHT 1 = MIDDLEWEIGHT KICKBOXING

STEVE WILSON (KAREVO) vs JOHN WILSON (SOR THANIKUL/NEWCASTLE KNUCKLE DRAGGERS)

Southpaw John Wilson started strong coming forward with big left crosses some of whom shook up his younger opponent.

Steve Wilson came back composed with well slotted low kicks and opted for the clinch every now and then landing solid knee strikes to John's body.

Steve's patience and composure paid off as his older opponent was unable to continue in the 3rd Round.

Full Credit to John Wilson for taking the fight at 4 days notice as a personal favour to myself.

FIGHT 2 = CRUISERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

FRATZ (WOODSEATS THAIBOXING) vs DAVE BROUGH (AFK)

This fight was intentionally a contrast of 2 different martial arts. Dave Brough although an AFK fighter was formerly a Shotokan Black Belt while Fratz is a Thaiboxer.

Dave turned up in his White karategi and chnaged down to his camoflage MMA trunks while Fratz favoured Red satin Full contact trousers as opposed to his usual Thai Shorts.

Both fighters looked like heavyweights and many people thought they were by looking at their heavily muscled physiques.

I must confirm however that they both made the 85kg limit.

Both fighters went at it from the bell leaving no room to pace themselves out.

Dave gave everything in the first round while fratz came back stronger from the middle of the 2nd and comfortably took the 3rd.

It was a close decision to Fratz and the crowd were on their feet.

Both fighters had to be seen by the doctor and paramedics immediately after the fight!!!

Archived