Should fat people pay more tax?

Guest Mod_Man

Yes of course :)

Ah, right :) . In which case, you're equally as likely to get bacteria contaminating a healthy tin of tuna, or a poorly-reheated plate of low-fat chicken breasts, as a fat-laden burger. As for the serve yourself salad counter, it's a bacterial playground, I tell you! :o

Ah, right :) . In which case, you're equally as likely to get bacteria contaminating a healthy tin of tuna, or a poorly-reheated plate of low-fat chicken breasts, as a fat-laden burger. As for the serve yourself salad counter, it's a bacterial playground, I tell you! :o

As are peanuts on a pub bar :gag:

Well said.

If the original poster is going to say larger people cost the NHS money every year, then what do you think smokers do when they need cancer treatment and probably in some occasions those passive smokers who have been inflicted with their cancer stick smoke being blown in their faces. And what about drinkers, people who go out and get so paraletic they then sometimes get into fights, needing the police to be called, or who get alcohol related illnesses. You need to look at the facts relating to other groups before you just state an anti fat onslaught. Yes, larger people can get illnesses related to their weight, but they can also be fitter than those who smoke, go on a drinking binge and eat takeaways on the way home from the pub.

I think the posters point was that smokers and drinkers do pay the extra taxes so why shouldn't obese people. Approx £8billion of NHS funding comes directly from smokers. As the number of smokers continues to decrease, the government will need to find another form of taxation otherwise the NHS is even more screwed that it is now.

I think the posters point was that smokers and drinkers do pay the extra taxes so why shouldn't obese people. Approx £8billion of NHS funding comes directly from smokers. As the number of smokers continues to decrease, the government will need to find another form of taxation otherwise the NHS is even more screwed that it is now.

the op didn't say OBESE he said FAT.

blatant trolling.

i personally don't think that "cosmetic" surgery on the nhs for things such as this should be allowed, but then again i dont think the nhs is the place for breast implants or gender reassignment issues.

...i personally don't think that "cosmetic" surgery on the nhs for things such as this should be allowed, but then again i dont think the nhs is the place for breast implants or gender reassignment issues.

Are you referring to weight loss surgery (such as gastric bands), or to surgery on those who have lost a lot of weight and are left with flaps of excess skin?

if i was to be brutally honest,both.but that would be a "off the cuff" remark rather than one i had put thought into.

gastric bands are a valuable resource to FORCE someone to do what they can't do.

excess skin etc becomes complex because weight increase can be caused by illness,pregnancy etc and is therefore not even remotely at the control of the sufferer

if i was to be brutally honest,both.but that would be a "off the cuff" remark rather than one i had put thought into.

gastric bands are a valuable resource to FORCE someone to do what they can't do.

excess skin etc becomes complex because weight increase can be caused by illness,pregnancy etc and is therefore not even remotely at the control of the sufferer

My point was that both types of operation should be available on the NHS as both can have positive health benefits which ultimately save the cost of long-term treatment.

The case of weight loss surgery is pretty much self-explanatory. Surgery to remove excess skin following weight loss is a fairly common procedure, especially when a lot of weight (several stones) has been lost in later years. If allowed to remain, the skin flaps can cause serious dermatological problems (fungal infections, chafing sores etc). As such, the cosmetic aspect of the surgery is secondary in many cases.

My point was that both types of operation should be available on the NHS as both can have positive health benefits which ultimately save the cost of long-term treatment.

The case of weight loss surgery is pretty much self-explanatory. Surgery to remove excess skin following weight loss is a fairly common procedure, especially when a lot of weight (several stones) has been lost in later years. If allowed to remain, the skin flaps can cause serious dermatological problems (fungal infections, chafing sores etc). As such, the cosmetic aspect of the surgery is secondary in many cases.

as i said skin flaps is complex, which i why sort of ummed and aaaahhed over it.however it is easy to negate the cosmetic reasons for surgery by validating issues that some people don't think about when they apply for the surgery.

i do think gastric bands and such surgery is beneficial - i just think people should pay privately.and that is genuinely the only anti fat comment i'd ever make.

This is another blatant attempt to separate a group of people from the main population, so that they can be vilified and ridiculed by the uneducated masses.

Archived