Crash outside Netto on Queens Road

This was a serious accident which occurred round the corner from where I live. Both ambulance and police were in attendance. The car ended up on its side on the pavement, and looked a wreck. Queens Road was closed to traffic going out of town. I hope that the driver and any passengers escaped alive and are o.k., especially as the car itself was a total mess.

There needs to be a speed camera there, and there should also be a roundabout instead of a junction. I'd put money on this driver having been going too fast and suddenly seen traffic trying to turn right across him/her to go up Heeley Bank, and slammed the brakes on as they came round the slight bend to the right that the junction is on. I'd have thought the new layout might have improved it but no. :(

There needs to be a speed camera there, and there should also be a roundabout instead of a junction. I'd put money on this driver having been going too fast and suddenly seen traffic trying to turn right across him/her to go up Heeley Bank, and slammed the brakes on as they came round the slight bend to the right that the junction is on. I'd have thought the new layout might have improved it but no. :(

More likely to be where the road narrows for no particular reason as you head towards Halfords on the same ide of the road as Netto.

:huh:

More likely to be where the road narrows for no particular reason as you head towards Halfords on the same ide of the road as Netto.

:huh:

I wouldn't have thought so as the accident happened outside Netto. The only way it could have been due to the narrower part of the road would have been if they were going into town, in which case the accident would have taken out the traffic on the other side. So it must have been that flaming junction again. See people trying to turn, react/panic too late, slam on the brakes, hit the grease in the road and spin into the wall. It was lucky it didn't cross the carriageway.