The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hook

Hi. Need a service for my mums old vaillant boiler. It's about 20 yrs old I think? Any options?

Hi happy to service your Vaillant boiler for you, many thanks Jon at

JB Heating Services.

---------- Post added 20-10-2013 at 18:28 ----------

looking to change my freestanding british gas boiler for combi boiler , the rads in this house are old prob built with the house in 1960s would i need to change all the rads?

Happy to work you out a free quote cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Hi. Need a service for my mums old vaillant boiler. It's about 20 yrs old I think? Any options?

Happy to assist if not already sorted

---------- Post added 20-10-2013 at 20:50 ----------

looking to change my freestanding british gas boiler for combi boiler , the rads in this house are old prob built with the house in 1960s would i need to change all the rads?

Happy to survey and provide written quote. Don't necessarily need new rads, any new boiler must include a thorough system flush

Hi

We would be more than happy to quote for your new boiler and radiators.

It is alway better in terms of efficiency, aesthetics and comfort to replace the radiators, most people tend not to do it due to finances.

We can offer Baxi boilers with either a 10 or 7 year warrantee or can quote for any brand of your choice.

Thanks

Micky

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 20:15 ----------

Hello,

I’m looking at possibly changing my 24+ year old standard boiler with copper cylinder and water tank for a combi boiler, possibly a Worcester Bosch.

I’ve always been happy with our boiler plus there are around 6 parts to it so if something breaks then its cheap and easy to fix unlike a combi which has a zillion parts to it.

From your own experiences of having a conventional boiler with cylinder and tank or a newer combi condensing boiler could you provide me with a selection of the pro’s and cons for each please.

I am aware that we will require a new tank and copper boiler over the next year due to the age of the existing one along with the wiring. I know the immersion heater hasn't worked for a few years either other than that its a quiet and uncomplicated system.

We are also looking at installing thermostatic controls on each of the radiators and also replacing most of the radiators as well anyway.

I would also be happy to hear from the trade and have your opinions too.

Are combi’s really more efficient than standard boilers? I currently pay £72 a month for dual fuel yet my in laws across the road in the same type of house pay close to £95 a month and they have a combi!

Any responses are greatly appreciated

We have been given a quote for an upgrade already however I wish to see whether we should stick with the type of boiler we have even though we have been informed a rewire will need to be done if we do as the wiring is old for the existing one or whether a combi is worth splashing out on bearing in mind the energy costs nowadays.

With thanks

Would also be more than happy to quote for this one too

Thanks

Micky

I would opt for a combi boiler for convenience,and a Worcester or a Vaillant is a dear option but possibly better value.Many cheaper models make their money selling spares.Your rads should be fine but may be worth flushing the contents before insrtalling a new system.Grahams have a deal with a magnetic filter and two additives for £960,a Vaillant Ecotec 28,big enough for a modest home with one bathroom.The deals runs till December.

This is helpful thank you for responding:)

This is helpful thank you for responding:)

Thanks,Norseman.

I have already installed a Vaillant in a rented house-it was so quiet I had to check the flue to confirm it was working.The interior is very organised,parts seem accessible,and they have a longstanding reputation to uphold.

Hi, I am looking for a quote for a new boiler to replace our old conventional boiler. Our current one will not heat the front two radiators downstairs and the rest only get slightly warm despite the thermostat been on full.

We have only just moved in last week so I am interested in a company that can offer a finance deal as it would take us a few month to save up for a replacement and need it doing asap. Can anyone recommend good, reliable companies?

We can offer finance through Baxi finance, We have been on the forum many year and have plenty of feed back, We are one of only 10 uk companies that Baxi choose to offer there own in house finance you deal directly with Baxi for the finance and we just fit you the boiler, some of the larger companies make a fortune on finance so be careful. We could also have a look at propping your old boiler up it sounds like it could be the pump that sluggish ? Please call if you require a quote.

Thanks

Mike

Agree with Micky, some of these finance deals add up to being very costly. A 'Help-ing' add on the TV quotes £17/month for a new boiler...but that is only for a 'straight swap' and adds up to over £2500 (a job I charge around half that for). If the install is a combi conversion then the monthly cost rises and the total is right up there with BiG company prices. Recently went to a property that a BiG company quoted over £5500 for (back-boiler out, combi in loft, new valves and controls, power-flush and magnetic filter), not an easy install but I managed to save them £3000, and fitted a Baxi Platinum with a peace of mind 10yr warranty. Check out bank loan costs then you can save hundreds (if not thousands) by being able to gain quotes from everyone, and not be tricked by any hidden costs or apparent great offers

Hi, I am looking for a quote for a new boiler to replace our old conventional boiler. Our current one will not heat the front two radiators downstairs and the rest only get slightly warm despite the thermostat been on full.

We have only just moved in last week so I am interested in a company that can offer a finance deal as it would take us a few month to save up for a replacement and need it doing asap. Can anyone recommend good, reliable companies?

Agree with steve, to be honest a bank loan would be far cheaper or even at a push even putting it on your credit card would still be a better deal depending on who your card is with.

I know the guys above like there baxi boilers but i would go for Vaillant if money is no object, or failing that the Ideal Logic plus.

This is only my opinion though so its upto you, feel free to ask us for a free quote cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Archived