How Long Should A Councillor Take To Respond?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Councillors and MPs should all hold surgeries in their constituences but don't. 

I think some of them think themselves too grand to bother with the problems of the 'little people...'

At one time didn't they use a library or a community centre or summat where you could sit and wait to have a one to one with them, these days its easier to air your grievances with a Yetti.  :roll:

17 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

At one time didn't they use a library or a community centre or summat where you could sit and wait to have a one to one with them, these days its easier to air your grievances with a Yetti.  :roll:

I think Clive Betts does 1 hour once a month at Crystal Peaks library . Can’t see many people in that time.

Just now, hackey lad said:

I think Clive Betts does 1 hour once a month at Crystal Peaks library . Can’t see many people in that time.

Thanks for the heads up Hackey but could you attend and stand inbetween me and Betts just incase he tries to fob me off like those silly neighbour hood council officer repribates. :hihi:

19 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

And if you did see him, he would probably just demand you put Ukrainian flags on your house to show you really care, like he did with SWFC, the sanctmonious, self righteous twit.

6 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I'd be tempted to turn up at a full council meeting and ask your question there. Mention in your question (when speaking) that you have tried to contact your councillor directly about the issue but haven't had a response in weeks so feel compelled to attend and as formally.

That'll embarrass them into action (and create a public record of it).

Yes, anybody can go to a council meeting and sit up in the balcony to watch the proceedings. Very interesting, (and illuminating...) But if you want to ask a question, you have to put it in writing and then get chosen by whoever is in charge |(?) There's only time for a couple, and the answers are typical political obfuscation and waffle so IMO not satisfactorily addressed. Think 'Question Time' without Fiona Bruce...