Disabled Blue Parking Badges.

1 minute ago, denlin said:

We are talking about disabled people sitting in the car in a disabled bay while an able bodied person goes in the shop

You may be, but the original question was; does the disabled person have to get out of the car - which was subsequently determined NOT to be in a disabled bay at the time, but unnecessarily displaying a blue badge.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

You may be, but the original question was; does the disabled person have to get out of the car - which was subsequently determined NOT to be in a disabled bay at the time, but unnecessarily displaying a blue badge.

My comment originally was referring to disabled bays because it was suggested that disabled people can sit in the car IN A DISABLED BAY while the able bodied person goes in the shop.  I am not daft enough to think they can't sit in the car in a normal parking space 

Just now, denlin said:

My comment originally was referring to disabled bays because it was suggested that disabled people can sit in the car IN A DISABLED BAY while the able bodied person goes in the shop.  I am not daft enough to think they can't sit in the car in a normal parking space 

Fair enough, but Pat was specifically asking if the disabled person had to get out of the vehicle, and later advised that the car was parked in a non-disabled bay. In that situation, it doesn't matter who is sat in the vehicle.

19 hours ago, pattricia said:

So, back to square one !If the car is parked in a disabled bay, does the disabled person have to get out of the car with the driver ?

Yes 

18 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I wouldn't think so - but why would you park in a disabled bay if the disabled person wasn't going to get out of the vehicle?

If in a disabled bay the disabled person DOES have to get out of the car.  

Just now, denlin said:

If in a disabled bay the disabled person DOES have to get out of the car.  

Not wishing to argue, but please advise which legislation stipulates this?

11 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Some people are crackers.

Some people never actually said that 

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Not wishing to argue, but please advise which legislation stipulates this?

The notes on the blue badge 

Just now, denlin said:

The notes on the blue badge 

OK, thanks. Next time I see one of my friends with a badge, I shall read them. For now, I am leaving this topic.

They say it is only for the use of the badge holder and should not be used to park by someone else to use it for shopping if the disabled person is not exiting the vehicle in which case the able bodied person can use a regular parking space.   

You can also find the information online 

1 hour ago, denlin said:

They say it is only for the use of the badge holder and should not be used to park by someone else to use it for shopping if the disabled person is not exiting the vehicle in which case the able bodied person can use a regular parking space.   

Exactly  !    If the disabled person is not getting out of the car then their Blue Badge shouldn't be used.  The car should  NOT  be parked in a disabled space.  The Blue Badge is issued to enable a disabled person easier access   .........  it should not be used to avoid paying parking charges.