Disabled Blue Parking Badges.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@pattricia- if the car is not parked in a disabled bay, there is no need to display the badge - whoever is in it.

Never thought of that !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Never thought of that !

So, back to square one !If the car is parked in a disabled bay, does the disabled person have to get out of the car with the driver ?

Just now, pattricia said:

So, back to square one !If the car is parked in a disabled bay, does the disabled person have to get out of the car with the driver ?

I wouldn't think so - but why would you park in a disabled bay if the disabled person wasn't going to get out of the vehicle?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I wouldn't think so - but why would you park in a disabled bay if the disabled person wasn't going to get out of the vehicle?

Because some disabled people have trouble walking.

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

But if they are not leaving the vehicle, that not a problem - or am I missing something?

39 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

But if they are not leaving the vehicle, that not a problem - or am I missing something?

That is what we are discussing. Some people think the disabled person has to get out if the driver gets out. Disabled bay or not !

Just now, pattricia said:

That is what we are discussing. Some people think the disabled person has to get out if the driver gets out. Disabled bay or not !

If only the abled bodied person is going to leave the vehicle, then it should not be parked in a blue-badge bay. If it is parked in a normal bay, then it doesn't matter if someone - disabled or otherwise - remains in it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

Some people are crackers.

• Like 1

I was just referring to disabled bays 

14 hours ago, RollingJ said:

If only the abled bodied person is going to leave the vehicle, then it should not be parked in a blue-badge bay. If it is parked in a normal bay, then it doesn't matter if someone - disabled or otherwise - remains in it.

That is correct and exactly my point 

16 hours ago, pattricia said:

But if they are not getting out of the car when they are in the disabled bay they won't need to walk on that occasion 

16 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@pattricia- if the car is not parked in a disabled bay, there is no need to display the badge - whoever is in it.

We are talking about disabled people sitting in the car in a disabled bay while an able bodied person goes in the shop