Disabled Blue Parking Badges.

My neighbour has a disabled parking badge. He says that when his son takes him to the supermarket , when his son gets out of the car to go shopping, he has to also get out as well, and not sit in the car on his own. I don’t think it’s true. I believe that the disabled person can stay in the  car while the non disabled person can get out on his own. As long as the disabled badge is still in the car.. What is your opinion on this ? 

I don't think that is quite correct, pattricia. A friend of mine quite often goes out with her husband, they have badge as she is disabled and she often sits in the vehicle whilst he goes into shops &c.

8 minutes ago, pattricia said:

My neighbour has a disabled parking badge. He says that when his son takes him to the supermarket , when his son gets out of the car to go shopping, he has to also get out as well, and not sit in the car on his own. I don’t think it’s true. I believe that the disabled person can stay in the  car while the non disabled person can get out on his own. As long as the disabled badge is still in the car.. What is your opinion on this ? 

Why doesn't his son just park in a normal parking space?

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I don't think that is quite correct, pattricia. A friend of mine quite often goes out with her husband, they have badge as she is disabled and she often sits in the vehicle whilst he goes into shops &c.

Thank you I will tell my disabled neighbour that.

38 minutes ago, Padders said:

Why doesn't his son just park in a normal parking space?

He does. The point we are discussing is, if the son gets out of his car, and there is a disabled badge in, does the disabled person have to also get out ? 

Just now, pattricia said:

He does. The point we are discussing is, if the son gets out of his car, and there is a disabled badge in, does the disabled person have to also get out ? 

No!

49 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Sorry Pat, I thought he was parking in those special disability bays.

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

The point is that if the disabled person is sitting in the car and the able bodied person is going in the shop for whatever reason they should not use the limited number of disabled bays which are needed by disabled people who need to exit the vehicle. 

Just now, denlin said:

The point is that if the disabled person is sitting in the car and the able bodied person is going in the shop for whatever reason they should not use the limited number of disabled bays which are needed by disabled people who need to exit the vehicle. 

If you read the topic, the car was not parked in a disabled bay.

21 minutes ago, denlin said:

That is not the point we were making !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, denlin said:

Read my original post ! 

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Read my original post ! 

@pattricia- if the car is not parked in a disabled bay, there is no need to display the badge - whoever is in it.

• Like 1